Chapter 12

"Oh my God!" I screamed, ready for Eleanor to wake up. She looked so disoriented, I almost felt bad.

"What is it?" She asked.

"It wasn't a nightmare," I frowned, she placed her hand on my shoulder, concerned. "I really did sleep with you. Jesus, what?"

It took her a minute to catch up with my joke and when she did, she got up from my bed, grumpy and clumsy. "You're an idiot, Kohen."

Eleanor was hungover.

After she opened up to me, she had been staying at mine for the past week. Claire didn't have a problem with it because she already knew Eleanor and they were getting along better than before.

Funny thing was that Eleanor was getting along perfectly fine with Gio and the boys. Just last night, she was out with Gio and Nick.

I bit my lip, feeling a little bad as she stumbled out of my room, towards the living room. I heard mumbling, probably curses meant for me.

"Eleanor, it was a little joke, don't be so mad," I shouted from my doorframe, all I saw was her middle finger popping up in my view. I laughed harder.

By now, Claire, aside from the girls, was the only person that knew Eleanor and I were in some sort of thing. I was pretty sure other people knew too but it was easier if we didn't actually acknowledge it. Eleanor and I talked around the subject but I think it was easier if we just ignored it for now.

While I laid in bed without Eleanor, I thought about Eleanor.

This "relationship" was sort of complicated but at the same time, it was really simple and easy going but Eleanor and I weren't together. It was a tricky situation and although I wanted to tell my friends, I had the feeling we were still keeping things private.

At times, though, I wanted to know where we stood, what it all meant but I didn't know how to bring up the subject. And how do you bring that subject up? As far as I knew, a few months ago, Eleanor was just another straight girl to me and now here we were, having casual sex, sharing clothes and getting all deep in feelings and stuff...

If I were to ask my friends for advice, they'd probably ask me to first figure out what Eleanor's into: did she have a type? Did she even like girls?

Ah, the big question... did Eleanor even like girls? I guess if I was in another situation, if I wasn't feeling so weird and soft for Eleanor, I would've been freaking out about the fact that I didn't have an answer to that question, I'd be freaking out but lately I've come to realise that relationships were fragile, feelings are complicated. Eleanor could girls, she could like me for all I knew but tomorrow she could like someone else and I had no control over that, so why stress myself over something that I couldn't change?

I'd be lying, though, if I said that I hadn't contemplated the thought of an Eleanor and I. The simple thought of the possibility of there ever being an us made my head spin. It made me feel stupid. It made me want to jump on Eleanor, kiss her, tell her that she's pretty when she's annoyed at me, when she tries hard not to laugh at my shitty jokes.

Eleanor finally wakes up at the smell of breakfast. I felt bad for waking her up like that, although it was funny the way she kept trying to ignore me at the breakfast table.

When I finished eating, I picked up my plate and left it at the sink. I opened the medicine drawer and got a painkiller for Eleanor. I popped on the table next to her and kissed the top of her head, she glared at me as she put the painkiller in her mouth.

"I have a headache." She said glaring at me, Claire snickered, I pour myself some more orange juice. I grabbed my phone and opened Spotify, I played the LatinMix playlist I made for when I was feeling happy.