Chapter 11

Why are you avoiding me? I hit send and waited for Elanor to reply.

After the concert and our midnight talk, Eleanor was acting a little weird. She left home early morning and wasn't answering my calls or my text and whenever we met as a group, she'd try to avoid being next to me.

I'm not.

You didn't come uni?

Yh ik, wasn't feeling well /:

Hows things?

ok I guess.

I groaned into my pillow as I read Eleanor's messages. I was expecting to see her at uni but when I got to class, she wasn't there and Alexa kept asking me about Freddie.

I couldn't wait for summer holidays. I needed a break. Although, Kelly kept sending me short messages saying see you soonand I don't know what to make of it. I don't think she was coming, but if she was, she'd come during summer. I just hope she doesn't show up. I don't think I want to see her. I don't know exactly how heartbreak worked but... the longer I was without her, the clearer things became.

Kelly and I, we weren't good for each other. I loved her and she used that against me. I gave her so many chances, I forgave her time after time disregarding all she did and how it hurt me. I knew Kelly wasn't ready for a relationship and despite all the warnings signs, I stayed with her. I have no doubt that Kelly loved me, in her own way but she loved me, I just don't think that's enough anymore. I don't want to love her, I don't want to feel this way about her and slowly I think I've started to realise how toxic things actually were.

My phone buzzing brought me back to my living room. Mum was calling me.

"Mum?"

"Sup, you idiot." I rolled my eyes at the sound of my brother's voice.

"What do you want?"

"We're going on a mother and son date, just wanted to let you know, I'm sure you don't have these, do ya'?" He laughed. I rolled my eyes at his stupidity. "That's 'cos they don't like you."

"Sometimes, I wonder what the point of your existence is." I asked us both, it was rather harsh but it was Matias... that was how we showed love.

"Mum and Dad weren't happy with the first outcome so they tried again for perfection." I could literally see his stupid smirk.

"What do you want?"

"Jesse asked me to ask you if you've seen Eleanor today? Apparently, you two hang around now, so he wanted me to ask because she hasn't been home for like two days or something."

I frowned, sitting up. Was that why she hasn't been to uni? "Give me Jesse's number."

Matias groaned but complied.

Jesse said his mum's worried because Eleanor hadn't been home and since Veronika, Eleanor's best friend was no longer in town, it was me and Alexa with who Eleanor spent most of her time. They had called Alexa but she wasn't with Eleanor. Jesse told me, their dad was home and Eleanor was gone. She hadn't called or text which was not normal. He didn't know where she was. I sent a text to Jesse, letting him know that I'd look for her and let him know.

It didn't sound serious but Eleanor had a short temper when it came to her dad and for reasons beyond my understanding, I wanted to make sure that she was fine.

"Eleanor?" I knock on a door that was unknown to me. Eleanor had been staying at her best friend's house. Veronika's house. Veronika, though, was away for Uni, so it was just Eleanor in an empty room.