Part 21 "Flashback"

(Italicized is flashback)

Barry's dad walks through the door. "Hey Barry, how was school today?"

"It was good, I made something." He walks over to show his dad. "See that's you, me, and Mom." He exclaims showing his father a drawing in crayon that he had just finished.

"That looks wonderful Barry, how about we hang it up on the refrigerator." Barry nods. His dad takes the drawing and puts it up with a magnet.  His Mom turns around from the pot of spaghetti she is cooking to look.

"Awww Barry that looks great! It's almost time for dinner so how about you go wash up."

After dinner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Come on." His mother pats the seat on the couch next to her. Barry strolls over, yawning, and takes his seat.

"Alrighty. Which one are we reading tonight? Pick a number." His Dad says while grinning.

"One!" Barry shouts.

"Okay, that one is my favorite too. Ready?" He asks and Barry nods, his eyes glowing. This was his favorite book series. "Once upon a time there were two brothers. The youngest brother was curious and stubborn. He always disagreed when their father gave them orders. All he wanted was a normal life.

The oldest always cared for his little brother and saved him from harms way. He practically raised the boy considering how their father treated them. His father had taught them to do exactly what he does from a young age.

Hunting monsters.

He didn't care if they wanted the so called 'normal life.' He just wanted his kids to be safe. To be ready. For anything."

His Dad looks down to find his son snoring softly. He shakes him awake. "Time for bed Barry."

___________________________

"Barry, you okay?" Anabelle asks.

"Uh yeah. Just thinking."

"About what?" She asks curiously.

"What it's like to have a family."