"Merle was not my dad." I crossed my arms.

"Whatever happened to him? Like, you never talk about him." Patrick said interested. "Not much to say." I handed a little girl her food.

"Everyone has a story."

"I prefer to keep mine to myself," I said handing Patrick the fork. "Can you take care of this?" I asked. "Carol told you too," Patrick said.

"Remember, I know where your diary is." I threatened him. "I don't have a diary." He lied. "Oh, you don't Mr. Maggie Greene," I said.

"Fine." He grabbed the fork.

"Thank ya!" I yelled walking away.

Alexis laughed following me as we went to check on the rest of the camp.
~

"Elliepop!" I heard my nickname called. I turned and saw a little girl running towards me. "Mia," I said opening my arms.

Mia was about 3 years old.

Her mom dropped her off her because she was bitten. I mostly take care of her. "Where have you been," I said tickling her. "I was with Beth." She smiled showing her small teeth. "Have you seen Carl?" I asked. Mia giggled shaking her head. "Are you sure? I don't want to have to call the tickle monster." I warned.

Mia screamed as I grabbed her.

"Let go of my Mia!" Carl yelled tickling me back. I laughed hitting him. "Mia is mine," I said picking her up. "Isn't that right?" I high-fived her.

"Whatever," Carl said. "Can we go to storytime?" I shushed her. "Storytime?" Carl looked at me. "Carol reads to the kids. It's just uhh, kid stuff." I said.

"And you're going why?" He asked.

"I was just dropping her off," I said. "Oh." Carl squinted. A whistle was heard and Carl kissed my cheek. "See you tonight." He winked and ran off.

"What did Carol say about mentioning storytime to Rick or Carl?" I scolded her.

"I sorry, I just want to get there early." Mia smiled. I rolled my eyes. "Why?" I asked. "So I can pick out the story," Mia said in a duh tone.

"I'm sure Carol will let you pick out the story," I said. "No, that Dustin kid always beats me to it."

"Ask Carol if you can pick the story out," I said. "Dustin's a whiner," Mia complained. "Tell him to suck it." I laughed. "Let's go see what Lizzie and then are up too?" I said walking towards the fence. "Hi, Nick." They called at the walkers.

I laughed and Mia joined in. "Ellie, look it's Jerry." Mia clapped.

"You're naming them?" Carl said. I stood up dusting off my pants. "Well, one of them has a name tag, we thought all of them should," Mika said.

"They had names when they were alive. They're dead now." Carl said with a bit of attitude. "No, they're not. They're just different." Lizzie said. "What the hell are you talking about? Okay, they don't talk. They don't think. They eat people." He said. "They kill people."

"People kill people," Mika said. "They still have names."

"Have you seen what happens? When someone dies that way?" Carl said.