On the Devil's Path {a SOA sequel} chapter one

okay here we go! I'm starting the sequel! I hope you enjoy it and continue to read it!!

Someday, you're going to find yourself face to face with what you fear the most. It will be in that moment you'll have to decide what kind of man you are. Will you be the kind of man that hops onto a Harley and rides as far away as you can? Or will you be the kind of man that stands up and grabs what you're afraid of by the balls and pulls? I can only pray that you'll become a better man than I was.

JAX

Fifteen....sixteen......seventeen...eighteen...nineteen...twenty.

I grunted as I pushed through my last sit up. I grabbed a towel that was beside me and wiped the sweat from my face. Abel started fussing from his crib. With a sigh I pushed myself off of the floor and went to get him.

"Hey little man, what's wrong?" I asked him as I picked him up.

He sniffled and I bounced him on my hip.

"Let's get some breakfast." I said.

I brought him into the kitchen and set him down in his highchair. As I started making his bottle, my cell phone started to ring.

"Yeah,"

"Jackie, we need you at the table."

It was Chibs. I handed Abel his bottle and leaned against the counter.

"I'll be there as soon as Neeta gets here." I told him.

We hung up and I pushed my hands through my hair. I looked at Abel and smiled to myself. He was getting so big. He smiled up at me and held up his bottle. I laughed and took it from him.

"I guess you were hungry then." I said with a grin.

Abel laughed and I kissed the top of his head. At 9 o'clock sharp, there was a knock at the door. I opened it and saw Neeta. Her eyes traveled from my eyes down to my waist, and then back up again. Her lips stretched into a smile and she winked at me. Right then is when I remembered that I was just wearing a pair of sweat pants and I was still covered in sweat.

"Good morning, Jax." She said.

I smiled back and let her inside.

"Morning."

She grinned when she saw Abel and went straight to him. I shook my head and chuckled as I went to the bedroom. I traded my sweats for jeans and pulled on white shirt. I strapped my knife to my belt and shrugged my cut over my shoulders. From the side table I took out my gun, I took out the clip, checked it, and put it back in before putting it in the pocket of my cut. I gave Abel a kiss and Neeta gave me a hug.

"Have a good day, Jax." She said with a smile.

I smiled back and walked out the door. My Harley sat proudly in the driveway. I took a deep breath as I put on my helmet and swung my leg over it. For a moment, I swear I could feel her behind me. I could feel her arms wrap around my waist. I closed my eyes and forced myself to start the bike. She's not there, not anymore.

**six months earlier**

"So how are things going at home?"

McKayla sighed and I could hear the creaking of a bed under her.

"Oh, they're going. We decided that we're going to leave what happened between Derek and I in the past." She said.

I leaned against the wall behind TM and closed my eyes.

"That's good darlin'. I'm glad." I told her.

Tig and some Crow Eater walked passed me. He winked and I chuckled.