Chapter 9

(Lucy's P.O.V.)

-flashback to 4 years ago-

"Lucy! Where do you think you are going?!" My father Jude asked me.

"Um... to go shop for more clothes?" I say tilting my head.

"No, not today. We have to arrange your marriage." Jude says.

"M-marriage?..." I say with my face getting suddenly pale.

"That's right. You have to get married and bare a son who will invest the Heartfilia estate and company." He says then looks away.

"No. I'll get married to whoever I want. You don't choose my life path." I say almost glaring at him.

He turns his head and looks back at me, his eyes felt like daggers, "Lucy you don't have an option-" He starts to say until I cut him off.

"That's final. I will be spending my birthday with my boyfriend, Natsu ad you will not talk to me." I say then turn myself away and walk out the room, slamming the door.

-returning to the present-

I look at the letter I've written for my mom and sigh.

"I can't believe he still calls every birthday and talks about this arrangement... then doesn't even wish me a happy birthday." I say to myself.

I put the letter in the envelope then feel arms wrap around my neck.

"How's my lovely girlfriend doing?" Natsu says.

I shift myself to look at him and smile then I give him a quick peck on the lips, "She's doing good." I reply to question.

"Ready to spend your birthday together?" He asks me.

"Yes I am Natsu." I say smiling then he kisses me and I kiss him back.

THE END!!

Authors Note:
I ended up writing another chapter because someone had asked why Lucy didn't mention her birthday. She only mentioned it to Natsu and no one else. It was because of her father pestering her about the arrangements and he would even sometimes go to Magnolia just to see her. So I hope you guys enjoyed this and hopefully I'll have more stories to come!