XII. a frozen heart

Start from the beginning

Jadis stays silent.

"They say love conquers all, but I guess your heart was frozen even before you met Jack."

And in a blink, Izzy is gone.

"She's a lost cause, Jadis, I told you she was too much of a coward," Jack growls.

"The only coward here is you," Tahlia snaps, standing.

Emma squats and touches Anna, instantly sending her to Regina's house.

"Only a coward would hurt someone to benefit themselves!"

"SILENCE!"

"No, you're worse than a coward, Jadis, what sort of mother chooses power over her own child?" Tahlia growls. "She loved you even when you were killing people for your own personal gain. Yet you can't even stop to listen to her... you have some humanity left in you, don't let Jack take it away."

Jadis slowly looks up, "my humanity left the second I lost my husband. And I have no problem killing every single person in this town."

"You're right, your humanity is gone, all you are now is a cold-hearted coward," Tahlia laughs darkly. "And I am not going to let you hurt anyone else."

"Clock's ticking hero, I suggest you save your friend before she's dead," Jadis smirks.

The reality then dawns on Tahlia, "I'll see you soon witch."

Tahlia disappears, and Jadis smirks at the three-remaining people.

"Tell your friend to watch what she says, we have no problem killing everyone in this town, and she better remember that," Jack warns.

When they arrive at the hospital, Anna is awake.

"We got to her before anything bad happened, and if I were to take a good guess, Jadis didn't seem to want to kill her," Dr Whale explains.

"But that's impossible," Anna frowns.

"I guess not, she has more of a heart than we guessed I suppose," Dr Whale shrugs.

"She might have some humanity, we might be able to save her," Mary Margaret smiles.

"No, there's nothing there, she's gone," Tahlia says softly.

Everyone looks at her, some in agreement, some in shock.

"Tahlia, you're all about saving the people who can't be saved, you saved Pan's life for crying out loud! Can't you even try-"

Tahlia stops Mary Margaret mid-sentence, "she's killed innocent people! 9 now to be exact! She's the reason your son nearly died, Anna, my sister. She doesn't deserve to be saved," she hisses before storming out of the room.

"Tahlia!" Henry shouts.

Regina grabs his arm, stopping him from chasing after her.

"She's right Henry, at least Pan cared about people, Jadis barely cares for her own daughter. She and Jack need to die," Regina says softly.

Henry rips his arm out of her grasp, "do they?" he asks.

"Don't even try, Henry," Tahlia growls softly.

"Tahlia, think about this rationally," he begs, taking a hold of her hand.

"I am Henry, it's either me or them, and if I die they're going to stop at nothing to take over our home, and no one will be able to stop them," she hisses.

Henry frowns, making Tahlia sigh, she steps forward and looks up at him.

"I promise I will try to talk some sense into her, but if that doesn't work..." she looks away.

Henry places his hand under her chin and carefully lifts up her head so she looks up at him.

"It's going to be okay," he promises.

"If Izzy wasn't her daughter I wouldn't have a problem doing it, but," she pauses. "Izzy's probably praying I'm able to save her, I just don't think I can," she sighs.

Henry steps forward and hugs her, placing a kiss on the top of her head.

"I love you, and because of that, I will support you no matter what your decision may be. You know what's right, remember that," he says, pulling out of the hug and looking into her eyes.

She nods, "I'm going to go visit June, maybe seeing my family will help clear my head. I don't want to make any decisions while I'm mad," she decides, realising her thoughts before were irrational.

"Good idea, I'll stay here and probably call Nik over, I'm sure he must be worried sick," he decides.

Tahlia kisses him quickly, "thank you, you seem to be the only person who believes in me... other than your mother, surprisingly."

Henry chuckles, "my mum likes you more than you know, she's always had a soft spot for you," he reminds.

"Whatever you say," Tahlia laughs, taking a few steps backwards.

She waves goodbye before waving her hand and disappearing. When she arrives at the hospital, she calls Sandy and Chloe to meet her before going into her sister's room. June is sitting up on her bed talking to Elizabeth and Daniel, Caleb sits on the other side of the bed, leaning on her legs as he plays some game on his phone. She knocks on the door frame before walking in, June smiling wider when she sees her sister.

Elizabeth stands up, "thank god you're okay," she smiles, hugging her.

Tahlia laughs lightly, "yeah... but, Anna, wasn't so lucky," she mumbles.

Elizabeth pulls away, "what happened?"

Tahlia pulls up a chair and sits next to Caleb, her family watching her intently as she explains what happened.

"What are you going to do?" Daniel questions.

"I don't know, as long as Jack is with Jadis there's no stopping them," Tahlia admits.

In that moment, Sandy and Chloe walk into the room.

"I think I have a way to stop them," Chloe says, breathing heavily.

"What is it?" Tahlia questions, standing up.

"It's a rebound spell... but it might be dangerous," Chloe admits, looking at Tahlia's family awkwardly.

"Oh, um, excuse us," Tahlia says.

She then drags Chloe and Sandy out of the room, taking them to a secluded part of the building so no one can hear them.

"I was reading this book about an ice witch, and the only way to destroy her was with this spell. And so, I did some research and there is a spell... but it's not pretty," Chloe frowns.

"How do I do it?" Tahlia questions without hesitation.

Chloe seems to turn pale, "wait, there's something you should know first."

"And that is?" Tahlia questions.

"That spell they did the first time, they'll do it again, but stronger, the spell will rebound their spell and it will hit them," Chloe pauses, not seeming to want to continue.

"So, what's the problem with it?" Tahlia asks impatiently.

Sandy and Chloe exchange a look before Chloe sighs.

"The spell won't stop their magic from hitting you."

A/N: update at school after like a month but like no one reads this so eh. 

But oH SHIT, damn Chloe and her shady ass spells #goodluckTahlia

QOTD: Do you think Tahlia will save Jadis?

Vote if you're liking it (pls don't be a ghostie lolol)

aLSO TMO IS ALMOST AT 50K WTF THAT'S SO COOL THANK YOU GUYS ALL SO MUCH! Should I do something for 50K? If so give me some ideas and I might do it ;)

(and frostbite is almost on 1k holla!)

i gtg and pay attention, I have exams next week #wishmeluck #probswilldie #ripme

ILYSM AND I'LL SEE YOU SOON! x

Word Count: 1607.