8

Sorry guys,its a late chapter. :( I lost my iPod so I couldn't work on it at all! So so so so sorry!
Author's note at end. I messed up the last chapter so I'll explain it in the note!
########################

Kaytlen's POV

After explaining everything to May, she explained that she was actually in an adoptive center. Keith said he wanted to adopt her but I explained that it would be weird telling people that she was 'dating' adoptive father.

So May,Mason's mother said she and Mark would be glad to adopt her. Keith couldn't stop thanking them.

They just left for the adoption center right now. Me and Mason are the only ones here,well besides the dogs and kittens.

"What do you want to do,Love?"Mason asked me bringing me out of my thoughts.

I shrugged,then I had an awesome idea. I grabbed a pillow and threw it at him then I got up and ran.

"Oh Love! I'm coming after you!"Mason called out and I ran faster. I ran into the dog room and hid,the dogs were actually asleep so they didn't start barking.

I could hear Mason running through the house. When suddenly I was picked up and he was running out the back door towards the pool.

Suddenly I was flung into water at the deep side in the pool.

I don't think I told him I can't swim.

Mason's POV

After a couple seconds I noticed Kaytlen hadn't come up. I dove in and found her lying at the bottom,she had fainted.

'Great! You killed her!' Lukas growled.

'She's not dead,Idiot!'

He ignored me and went to the back of my mind as I got to the top. I swam to the edge and started CPR.

She chokes up some air and I went over her to block the light and she rubbed her eyes.

"What happened?"

"I had thrown you in the water and I noticed you hadn't come up so I went down and found you lying on the pool bottom. I'm sorry,Love."

"It's okay,Mason. It wasn't your fault. I didn't tell you I couldn't swim."I nodded then picked her up and carried her inside.

I laid her on the corner couch and sat down beside her head. I started running my fingers through her hair and she turned over.

I started massaging her back and she closed her eyes and laid her head down,falling asleep.

I carried her up to our room tucking her under the covers. I turned off the lights and closed the windows.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen to prepare a couple yoghurt cups.

I put them in the fridge so they'd stay cold then went to my office

#########Time Skip########

"Mason?" Kaytlen said walking into my office."Yes,Love?"

"I'm hungry."

"There are some yogurt cups in the fridge. You can have one."I said putting a couple papers into a drawer.

"Okay." She said and walked out, quietly closing the door behind her. I sighed and rubbed my head. I started reading through more stuff when the door opened,showing Kaytlen,holding 2 yogurt cups.

"I brought 1 for you." She put it on my desk. I grabbed the spoon and had a bite. Kaytlen sat down on the couch and started eating hers. I sat down beside her and she leaned on me.

"I need to tell you something,Mason."She said setting her cup down.

"Mine and Keith's mother died when I was 10 due to being shot. So our father made his own gang that I found out about 4 years ago,he sent Keith to a boarding school where he could only come home in the summer. During that time he started making me do all the house work and so on. Then he went to drinking,he came home at nights yelling at me and blaming me for looking like my mother. Then he started hitting me. He threatened to kill the women in his gang if I told anyone. The last time he hurt me was the morning I left for school,the day you kidnaped me."I growled loudly and started shifting,Kaytlen yelped and opened the door for me to get out.

I raced through the open back door and ran to the city. I came to a stop just outside of the city. I smelt a faint scent of roses and strawberries,Kaytlen's scent.

I growled and burst through the door to find a disgusting living room with beer bottles on the floor and a smashed bookshelf.

I growled and ran to the kitchen where there was food everywhere and beer bottles everywhere. There was a smashed window and smashed plates. I carefully ran out and up 2 flights of stairs.

I saw a man that slightly looked like Keith and recognized him as Charles Rimmer,Kaytlen's father.

I growled loudly and he grabbed his gun,that was thankfully not loaded with silver bullets. Before he could shoot I pounced on him and he screamed. I pulled his heart out and snapped his neck. He fell to the ground,lifeless.

He's lucky I killed him so fast. I would have killed him a lot slower if I wasn't so mad.

I growled again and ran to the pack boundaries and started running.

Kaytlen's POV

I watched as Mason's black wolf ran across the pack boundaries really fast.

'Why don't we go and run with Mason!'

'Good idea,Lupa! Thanks!'

I ran outside and shifted. Yelping slightly from the pain,I started running. I joined Mason in his run but I couldn't keep up. So he slowed down and I went under him.

We ran for a while before Lukas took over and Lupa took over.

We ran until it was night then ran inside shifting and Mason picked me up bringing me to the room. After getting ready for bed we got in and the lights turned off. I curled up against him and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Goodnight,Love."

########################
So the reason why I re-updated last chapter was because I kept on calling Keith,Lukas,which is Mason's wolf so you guys might have been confused. My friend was reading it over from my iPod when she noticed so she told me and I edited it. So sorry,so if I were you I would go and read it again because I edited it and published it again!

Thanks for the votes and reads guys!!! Don't forget to not be a silent reader!

-Ashley