Chapter 18

*Killian's POV *

Months passed and I hated every moment of it. Every time I saw Emma I wanted to make it right, but I was so afraid she hated me after how I treated her I couldn't get the nerve. I found out last month that she'd started dating that ridiculous moron Neal and it just broke me. Prom was tonight and I knew they'd be there, even the thought of his hands on her making me feel like I might explode. Milah had asked me to take her but I wasn't with her, I was just trying to be nice.

"Thanks again," Milah said as we walked into the hall together, my eyes immediately finding Emma across the room looking like the princess she always was to me. "Hey, you okay? Just try not to think about her, let's just try to have fun."

"I'm always thinking about her," I sighed, shaking my head a bit at myself. "I'll go get us something to drink and meet you over there."

"Okay," she nodded and I went to the tables. When I went over to the group Emma looked horribly uncomfortable, whether it was over me or Neal's arm around her I couldn't tell. "Oh, thanks. We were just talking about the party after this."

Emma and I were silent unless directly spoken to, both stealing glances at each other. That's how school had been for the past few months, yearning looks and doey eyes that neither of us ever acted on. I was brooding the entire time, every time I saw Neal touch her lighting a new fire inside me, but when he asked her to dance I couldn't take it and stormed towards the door.

*Emma's POV*

"You like dancing, right?" Neal asked me out of nowhere

"You like dancing, right?" Neal asked me out of nowhere. "Or you did at homecoming. Did you want to dance?"

"Oh, uhm, hold on" I noticed Killian take off while I tried to find a way to let him down easy and quickly went after him. "Killian, wait! Come on, would you please just wait?"

"Why?!" He snapped, turning to face me in the middle of the dancefloor and talking directly to me for the first time since I'd fought with Ruby "Why would I want to wait around and watch you with some bloody invalid?!"

"Because I love you, you idiot!" I snapped right back and his entire demeanor changed in a split second. He surged forward to close the few feet between us and quickly trapped my lips beneath his. I gladly met him full force, one of my hands on his chest and the other in his hair to hold him to me. He held me like his life depended on it, the hoards of people watching us not mattering in the least.

"Please come back to me," he begged when we broke for air, only our lips separated. "A-anything you w-w-want me to do, I'll do, but I n-need you in my life. I-I m-m-miss you so m-m-much, please."

"Just come here," I said simply before crushing my lips back to his. I felt his entire body relax as I wrapped myself around him, needing desperately to feel him touch me. I'd completely forgotten everything else, including Neal, until he cleared his throat next to us and we separated slightly. "Oh god, I'm so sorry, Neal. I-I can't even-"