Chapter 22; Cursed Bite

Chapter 22

I turned to look at him, and suddenly a smile etched it's way on his face. He glanced my way, before he chuckled to himself.

"Reese." I whispered his name. He sideways glanced at me before muttering a what. "he can see us. He's watching us." I said. Reese looked back and his eyes widened.

"well shit!" he growled. "walk with me and don't look back. Just follow me." he said as he walked towards a bus stop. We boarded a bus and sat at the very back. Soon the bus began moving and I glanced outside the window. There he was on the side walk with a sinister smile on his face.

I shivered in fear and disgust. "okay we're headed home, when we get home you're going to your mom, I'm headed to my house." he said, which hit a nerve.

"Why can't I come with you? Is it because you're going to be with your mistress?" I said. I don't know why but I did.

Reese let out a sigh of frustration. "I'm not going to see any mistress and as for Lillian, I haven't even touched the darned girl." he said. Liar!

"Liar! You're lying! You did! I felt it!" I said to him. How does he have the guts to lie through his teeth.

"Can you shut up, Colleen! No I'm not lying, that burning sensation that you felt, that was just something your asshole of a father gave to drink, to make you think I mated with someone else and just as much as It hurt and burnt you, it did the sane to me." he said.

That actually shut me up. I groaned In stupidity. How can I doubt the person whose trying their hardest to protect me and my child.

We rode the bus in silence. Neither of us speaking to each other. Reese kept a distance away from me, probably angry at my accusation. But you can't blame me, he broke my trust the first time didn't he?

The bus came to a stop and we hopped off only to come face to face with the man we've been running away from for that hour.

"Well, well, well" it sounded so not dramatic. "Reese, I thought you were smarter than that." my father spoke.

Reese let our a frustrated groan and glared at him. "what the hell do you want from me? What?!" he yelled in anger, I watched as his eyes turned dark. As his wolf tried making an appearance.

"No Reese, it's your fault now. I gave you simple instructions, rather you can't seem to follow, now I guess I'll have to think of something else. Such a hassle." he said. He sounded.... Like a.... Child? A child looking for something fun to erase his boredom.

"Why are you doing this?" this time it was I who spoke. My voice shaky as the question cane out.

He turned to me, a smile taking over his face. "Colleen baby girl! How are you, did you miss me? I know I did you." he cooed. What was I? A baby?

"Answer the question. Please." I said to him.

He huffed out a breath and turned to me. "What's the use of being able to do anything and being bored. Now back to my new way." he thought for a moment. "aha! I've got it."  he smiled.

Reese looked at me, and back at my father looking ready to pounce. But he held back for my sake.

"It's simple really. everyday from midnight to dawn, you will need life energy from the one you call mate." he said to me. I looked at him confused. Life energy?

"what crap are you going on about!" Reese yelled.

"Well why don't I just explain it simply for you. I've already planted a demon inside her, a very nasty one if I may say so myself, and she needs to pull life energy from you for ever 30 minutes until dawn. And everyday until I think I've had enough and I feel like killing you." he said. Reese growled in anger and got ready to pounce on him. When a pain hit me hard. I fell to the ground in pain.

Reese stopped and turned to me abruptly and in less than two seconds he was by my side.

"What's happening to her?!" he demanded from my father.

"oh the curse has already begun." he smiled cunningly.

"h-how do I make it stop, how do I make her pain stop. Tell me. Please!" Reese asked desperately. Almost helplessly.

"simple. MATING." be said.

"Mating? I can't mate with her, she's pregnant!" Reese yelled frantically.

"Not nessasarily mating. It's the simply mating mark. She needs to mark you every night till dawn and of course you'll need time to rejuvenate . Otherwise you'll simply die." he said.

My insides felt like they were ripping apart. Reese pulled me closer to him until my face was right by his neck. "bite me." he said and that's exactly what I did.

I bit him.

********************

Chapter completed! Yaya! I wanted to make it more interesting with mating, but I can't write scenes like that. So I left it at a simple bite.

What is going to happen in the chapters to come?

Don't forget to comment and vote for the story!

Guys the book got ranked 63 in werewolf! Yay! Thanks for all the votes and comments.

-rama

Don't forget to check my book To 'Be The Second.'

PS. Last reminder, updates are on Mondays and Fridays.