Chapter 28

You had the day off, you were chilling in your apartment when your phone buzzed next to you. Checking the screen, Taylor's picture appeared under her flashing name.

"Hey," you say answering the phone.

"Hey, so question..." she said.

"Yeah?"

"Would you be able to go to the museum with me?" she asked. "My grandma and Grandpa are in town, and I really really don't feel like being alone with them. They are always nagging on me. So I thought, if you came it would be a lot better. But if you don't want to come you don't have to."

"Sure," you said. "I'm not doing anything tonight so my agenda is wide open... And I've met your grandparents, I feel you."

-*-

Walking up to Taylor's front door, you could already hear, Frank and Carol Peterson, Taylor's grandparents.

"I'm just telling you Frank," Carol commented. "I think its time that Taylor gets herself someone."

"How old are you?"

"26," Taylor sighs.

"26? 26! Man they do grow up fast. When I was 26, I already had married your grandfather and had your mother and your aunt. And here you are at 26, not even having a boyfriend. There isnt anyone in your life right now?"

"No grandma, no one." Taylor reassured. "I just haven't found the right person yet."

You decided to knock, because you knew Taylor always felt awkward when she was alone with her grandparents.

Taylor answered the door almost immediately. "Hey, good you're here, they started the whole boyfriend lecture again."

"Yeah, I could hear them from outside." You say, entering Taylor's apartment.

"(Y/n)!" You heard Taylor's grandma say from the living room.

"Hi Mrs. Peterson. "

"How have you been? Taylor told me that you moved here to Central City as well?"

"I've been good, and yes I moved a couple weeks ago." You respond.

"(Y/n)," Taylor's grandpa said. "Good to see you again."

"Good to see you too, Mr.Peterson."

"I was just telling Taylor-" Mrs. Peterson started to say.

"Okay grandma, how about we leave for the museum, we might be late."

"Oh, okay. Frank lets do that." They grabbed their coats and Mrs. Peterson grabbed her purse. Taylor keeps the door open as her grandparents shuffle out. You gave Taylor an apologizing look as you follow them to the car.

-*-

The tour was okay, educational for people who wanted to go through. The tour guide was way too passionate about the subject. Taylor's grandparents were having a fun time. They were totally interested in the tour.

Taylor and you stood in the back of the group. There were probably three other small groups of people and one guy who was in the tour alone.

The tour guide brought the group to the final floor. "And now for the exhibit I'm sure you've all come to see... The historic Kahndaq Dynasty Diamond." The diamond was huge. It that a square-ish shape at the top, then came to a smaller square at the bottom. The light made it a platinum blue. It was really pretty. Everyone in the group thought so too, there were a few oohs and awes. "Be careful," the tour guide warned. "Get to close you'll set off the proximity alarms."

"Wouldn't want to do that," The lone guy looked at the kid standing next to him. They looked diamond and he smirked a bit.

-*-

There was a sound of glass shattering and sirens started.

Security guards rushed up to the third floor, where you were. You watched as they ran to the spot the Kahndaq Dynasty Diamond was located. The lone man from your group had a huge gun in his hand, with a pair of googles on his head. Then, out of the blue, there was a red and yellow blur that rushed around you.

"(Y/N)! Watch out!" You turn around because it sounded like Barry, but it was the blur that shouted. As you turn, you felt an arm wrap around your waist. Whoever grabbed  you put a hand behind your head to protect your head.

You both fall, just as a freeze blast rushed over you, missing you by inches. The man in scarlet suit looked back behind him,  seeing that the criminal was gone, he helped you to your feet. "Are you alright?" he asked. His voice almost sounded robotic, but still had a human sound. His face was was blurry.

"Yeah I'm fine... how do you know my name?"

"Um..." he hesitated. The man with the gun had been looking at the two of you from afar. You thought he was going to try and shoot you again, but then he walked away, stopping outside the auditorium door. He stopped and aimed it something inside. "I'll get back to you on that... Stay here." And he ran past you.

**********

Wow long update XD

Sorry I haven't updated in over a month... I didn't even realize it was long ago.

I've been so busy with school and field hockey that I didn't even have much time to write.

Hopefully you like this chapter... :)

Since field hockey will be done in a week I will be updating a whole lot more.

Gotta flash!
Peace out homies
-J