Chapter 5

You got ready back at your hotel. You brought your favorite outfit, and a pair of new shoes for tonight. You usually didn't buy new shoes until the old ones wore out, but you felt weird wearing something as casual and worn out as your converse to something as big as the introduction of the particle excelerator.

You were going to use your phone as a recording device, you wanted to record the night incase you forgot anything for your assignment.

You look at yourself in the mirror. Decently formal, you didn't think you had to that dressy for this type of thing. You double check if you have everything you need, and check you phone. Updates from your apps. No text messages. You grab your sweater and walk out of your hotel.

-*-

The city was illuminated with life. People were still out on the street, and people were still in shops. CC Jitters was busy and you thought about getting another one later.

You got a ride in a taxi and went to Taylor's apartment. You went to knock on the door, went Taylor stepped out with a grin on her face. She was wearing a dark blue dress the came to her knees, with patterned tights and white heels that went with her white belt and pearl necklace.

"Oh my gosh, Taylor!" you exclaim. "You look so pretty!"

"Thanks, I had no idea what to wear tonight," she responds. "You look great as well, I love the color you're wearing! Where did you get that?"

"Thanks, and no idea, my mom got it for me." you laugh.

"Well you mom always had a good sense of fashion," she says. "Shall we?"