Chapter 27

A few days went by. You didn't see much of the scarlet blur. You were disappointed. You wanted to see him face to face, maybe ask him who he was, where he came from. How did he become how he is?

The hours at work seemed to be becoming long and sometimes stressful. But you could leave it to Barry to cheer you up at the end of the day. You finally have the celebration today. You and Barry are going out to eat to celebrate.

You grabbed your keys and wallet and opened the door just when Barry went to knock. "Well would you look at that, perfect timing." you joke as you close and lock the door behind you.

"You look amazing as always, Ms/r. (L/N))" Barry says looking at you with sincerity.

"Thank you, so do you Mr. Allen."

-*-

When Barry and you approached the restaurant, he opened the door for you.

When seated down he pulled your chair out for you. He was such a gentlemen.

"So I finally get you out of that lab, huh?" you joke looking up from the menu.

"Yeah," Barry chuckled. "and I finally get you away from that computer."

"Haha, yep." you agree. "The chief editor seems to have a lot of faith in me. I get a front page story every other day."

"Well you are good at what you do." Barry complimented you.

"Thanks," you say. "Now I am starving. What are we eating?"

-*-

You two talked for almost the whole night about everything. You seem to really click with him. You were happy. Barry did too.

He smiled and tried really hard to make you laugh. But he didn't need to try, you thought he was funny anyways.

As the night drew to a close, and as you were walking home, your hands touched. Lingering for a second on each other. Barry looked down at your hands while walking, you could tell what he was thinking. He looks away, and slyly, but bit so slyly, he glided his hand into yours. You smiled as you squeezed his hand for a moment, almost saying it's okay you can hold it.

Barry acted like nothing happened and starts to talk to you casually. Somehow the conversation made time speed up, because before you knew it, you were at your front door step.

You yet again turn toward him and smile, this time you didn't hesitate to give him a hug. Holding on for a few seconds longer you say, "Thanks for tonight I had a lot of fun."

"I did too," Barry agrees. You slide back from the hug a bit, placing a kiss of Barry's cheek. You linger for a second more, feeling Barry's cheek slide into a smile.

***************

FINALLY!!! MY WRITERS BLOCK IS GONE!!!

That was probably the longest writers block I have ever had. Hopefully I can get a few more updates out this week to make up for those few weeks without any.

So as you have seen, or may not have, I have published every single chapter of all the books I have been writing since I signed up. I have an original up, and three fanfics. A Destiel, a Doctor Who, and a SUPERWHOLOCK up.

I just wanted to tell you guys if any of you were interested.

Thanks again- you guys are awesome, and I'm not just saying that to be nice. :)

-J