32) IHOP

Sergei

As we sat inside the motel rooms I wanted nothing more than to sleep the day away. But being the father/mother of 3 boys was a complete bust. Every couple of minutes as I drifted to sleep Yeager would poke me so I wouldn't forget about our lunch date with his friend. None of it helped with Taine and Zeno sitting besides me watching tv.

"Ma lets go."

Yeager pestered peeking his head threw the door.

"Shut up!"

The boys screamed because they couldn't hear what had just been said on the tv.

"Pochemu by nam ne vzyat' s soboy brat'yev?"
(Why don't we bring your brothers?)

I yawned grabbing my shoes and the keys to the van.

"Because I don't like them."

"Yeager."

Shaking my head I told the boys to grab their shoes and we walked to the van. As soon as we got out of parking lot Yeager placed the GPS on and we went to IHOP.

As I drove I felt uneasy and nervous. It was just one of Yeager's little friends so why was I so scared to meet him. Soon enough we arrived at the IHOP and waited inside for his mystery friend. We waited and waited drinking coffee and stalling the waitress as long as we could until the sound of the bell entrance rang and I saw death it's self. My face went cold and my smile disappeared faster than the speed of light.

~Yakov...~

My wolf whined. Quickly and cautiously rising from my seat, not taking my eyes off of my mate as he went to the bathroom I told the boys to get up.

"What, why?"

Taine asked taking baby sips from his hot chocolate.

"Get. Up. Now."

I ordered trying not to make a scene as we walked to the door. But as soon as we were there a broken voice spoke.

"Sergei?"

Not turning I pushed the boys out of the dinner and slipped the keys into Yeager's pocket.

~Get your aunt Mace but whatever you do don't you dare turn around and look at this man.~

Nodding, Yeager placed his hands on his brother's heads and guided them to the van where I saw them drive off. A spike of pain roared threw me as I turned to see those dark eyes that haunt me.

Yakov

This morning I woke up feeling drained and as I sit in this black SUV in the parking lot of an IHOP with my 5 men, I feel the same way.

"Alpha?"

My youngest warrior, Ilia, called as I stared at the double doors through the backseat window.

"Are you going inside?"

Nodding I exited the car slowly and entered the building looking for any scent of a wolf inside. I looked around saw nothing and decided to use the restroom to freshen up. I was so scared like the night I took Sergei on our first date I lost my anger... I hit him. It left a bruising around his left eye and all over his cheek. I was so terrified afterwards that when I rushed him home and took a beating from his parents and mine I isolated myself so I wouldn't hurt anyone again.