Robbins

We pulled up to Robbins house, I still hadn’t stopped crying and I could tell Landon was worried. The note was crumpled and stained with tears by the time we got there. I thought everything was getting good, just to take a turn for the worst. I quickly walked up to front door and rang the doorbell quickly.

She opened the door, and right away, she knew something was wrong. I could tell she knew what was wrong. She wrapped her arms around me, and pulled me into the house.

            “What’s wrong?” She asked and I handed her the note.

Landon came over and wrapped his arms around me, as I stood in the doorway, watching as she read the note. Landon closed the door behind us and felt as if wherever I was, Kyle was watching. She tried to hide the fear from her face but I knew she was terrified.

“We have to call the police here and get them looking. Somehow, he knows you alive and we’ll protect you. I swear he won’t get to you, Kelly.” She said.

“I-I found this in my bedroom.” I said.

“What? Where at?” She asked.

“On my bed.” I replied, trying to shake the feeling that Kyle was after me.

“I’ll be back, stay here.” She said, rushing off into the other room.

Like I was actually going to leave. Landon sat down on the couch and asked me to join him but I refused. Instead, I paced around the living room, praying and trying to believe this wasn’t happening.

To take my mind off of what was happening, I decided to look at Robbins’ pictures that were sitting the mantle of her fireplace. Most of the pictures were of the police department from Colorado and then of just herself. She was beautiful and I could never get over that. Her a little lower than shoulder length, brown hair seemed to always be up in a ponytail but in these pictures, her hair was down. Her chocolate brown eyes sparkled and her pearl white teeth smiled in every picture.

Then as I got to the last picture; it was of Dole and Robbins. They were standing together and his arms were wrapped around her waist, both smiling largely. A shiver ran up my spine as I stared at the two. They were so happy before Dole screwed everything up. They were best friends.

Robbins came back into the room and noticed what I was looking at. She said nothing but took the picture and placed it facing down. I needed to call my aunt and uncle so they knew what was going on.

“Don’t worry, I called Catherine and Jim. They are leaving work and coming here right now. Also, I asked the police to post Kyle’s picture everywhere and we are going to get some officers to guard your house.” She said.

“I thought this was over. You said he thought I was dead. Why would he look here, of all places for me?” I asked.

“I know, I thought it was over too, Kelly. We’ll find him though.” She said, hugging me tightly.

I loved being in her arms but I knew she couldn’t protect me from Kyle. She had tried before and I was kidnapped. Sure, she took a beating for me and tried her best but sometimes doing your best isn’t enough. It’s too hard to believe that this was all happening again. I wished Kyle didn’t exist! After I was just getting back to normal, he had to screw it up!

The doorbell rang, causing me to jump. Robbins walked over to the door but I saw no one in the doorway. I stared at her, as she looked outside around her. No one. Then she picked up something from the ground and I held my breath because it was a piece of paper. Was it another note? She handed me the piece of paper and I hesitated before reading it.

“Hello Robbins, how are you doing? Would you tell Kelly I said hi. I’ve talked to Dole and, well I can’t say much because. Anyways, I just wanted to say hello and say that I’m glad you are enjoying Florida. I may come by and say hi in person, unless Dole beats me to it. Bye, from Kyle.”

My mouth dropped open. Did Dole escape prison? Was he bad now? I thought he was sorry for what he did and that he wanted to help. How could this happen? Goosebumps filled my skin and I involuntarily shivered.

Robbins quickly picked up her phone and dialed a number. I wasn’t sure who she was calling but I was nervous. My adrenaline was rushing and the thought of seeing Kyle, once again terrified me.

“Hello, this is Officer Robbins. I need to know the update on a prisoner named Jake Dole.” She said.

After a few minutes, she sighed with relief and said, “Thank you so much.”

She turned to me and said, “He hasn’t escaped. I need to go back to Colorado though and talk to him. He may know Kyle’s plan.”

“What about Kyle? I want to go with you.” I asked.

“I can’t take you with me. Kyle may want you to go with me as a trap. He obviously wants me to go to see Dole.” She said.

“Maybe that’s to just get you away.” I said.

“I swear you will have a police officer with you every second of the day and night. He won’t get you. I’ll be gone a day tops and then I will come back and stay with you. The sooner I leave, the sooner I will be back.” She said.

“Okay. Do you really think Dole knows something?” I asked.

“I’m sure he knows something.” She replied.

After about ten minutes, Robbins had backed an overnight bag for her trip and my aunt and uncle had arrived. My aunt was freaking out the whole time and my uncle just remained quiet.

Landon sat next to me, holding my hand tightly, not letting go for even a second. I knew he was scared along with me. Robbins said the police officers would meet me at the house. I just was worried because I hadn’t really been lucky with police officers. Please let these people be normal, good officers.

Landon drove me home with my aunt and uncle following closely behind us. I prayed everything would be fine when Robbins left but I had a gut feeling it wouldn’t. What if something happened to her while she was in Colorado or me when she was gone? So many things could happen. Why couldn’t Kyle just get the hint that I hate him and could never love him? Did he really want to make me hate him even more?

I remembered when everything was normal and he was one of the closest people in my life. God, I missed that so much. Never did I think I could hate Kyle Olive. He was like a best friend to me. Whenever there was a police gathering and I was forced to go, I hung out with Kyle and we played cards and did the most random things. I cared so much about him, now I couldn’t even say his name without hating myself and feeling terrible.

We reached the house and two police cars waited on the street. This was it; I get to meet the people responsible for protecting me. Please don’t let this go wrong. Robbins was probably getting on a plane now for Colorado. I got out of the car and sighed. Here I go away. This was life as I knew it.

Here's another chapter! On the right is a picture of Robbins in her uniform. Can you all just comment again who you want to see next just so when I pick who's next, I can just look on this chapter and not go back. Thanks

 This dedication goes to @SamanthaVadner. Thanks for commenting and hopefully voting! I love all the comments. I hope you all liked this chapter. What do you think will happen? I didn't have school today because of snow!!! I'm so happy so maybe I'll update later today. Thanks!