Shock

Tears filled my eyes as I stared at what was on the bed. It was a body that was bruised and bleeding. The person was obviously beaten pretty badly so that they were almost unrecognizable, but I could never forget that face. This couldn’t be happening again. Why would Kyle do this to me again? I dropped to my knees, not being able to hold myself up anymore. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I stared at the person.

The door flung open revealing Kyle in front with Kayden behind him. Brooke was nowhere to be seen so she was probably just in the basement. I slowly rose to my feet, trying to be strong.

“How could you do this?” I asked pointing to the body, a few tears still trickling down my reddened cheeks.

“Kelly, look I swore this room was locked. You weren’t supposed to see this.” Kyle said, walking into the room with Kayden behind him. Kayden shut the door and leaned up against it as he watched Kyle and me.

“Was I really that bad that you had to do this again to me?” I yelled.

“I did this because I figured Kayden wouldn’t have the effect on you so this is my backup plan.” He said calmly, taking a step toward me.

“Stay away from me! What is your plan? To torture me by hurting him? He didn’t deserve this! You’re a monster and if you think I will ever like you after this, you’re insane!” I shouted.

“Kelly, just calm down for a minute. Nothing will happen to him if you behave.” Kyle said.

“Yeah, just like nothing happened to Ethan!” I yelled, my voice hurting slightly.

Tears filled my eyes as I thought about Ethan dying in my arms but then as I looked at Landon’s beaten body, I couldn’t help but weaken. He was already kidnapped and tortured before, he didn’t need this.  Landon, how could he really be here? I swore this wasn’t going to happen and then it actually happened. My breathing was heavily and the room was spinning. Was I in shock or something?

I buried my face into my hands and started to sob, not really caring anymore if Kyle or Kayden saw me. I was sick of this crap and wanted it to be over with. Seeing Landon’s unconscious body made me sick to my stomach because what if Kyle killed him, like he did Ethan? I lifted my head up and Kyle was inches away from me. I scowled at him but remained quiet. Then he tried to touch me.

“Don’t touch me! I hate you!” I yelled, thinking he would back away but he didn’t.

He stood his ground, not even flinching when I yelled. There was too much rage building up inside of me that I smacked Kyle across the face as hard as I could. This time he stumbled back in shock. His cheek turned red and my hand was throbbing but I didn’t care, he deserved it.

“You wonder why I hate the sight of you.” I spat.

“Look, just calm down. Everything will be fine. I brought him here, hoping you would behave better.” Kyle said.

“Don’t tell me to calm down when I clearly don’t want too. He’s already been through hell and sure doesn’t need it again.” My eyes shifted over to the bed when I saw Landon move. He was waking up.

“If you want me to calm down, you will leave and let me have a few minutes alone with him.” I said, trying not to rip Kyle’s head off.

“Fine, but only a few minutes.” Kyle said turning around to Kayden who was smiling as he rested against the wall.

The two of them left, leaving and locking me inside the room. I sighed when they were gone. I rushed over to Landon, quickly taking his hand in mine. He groaned as he tried to sit up.

“No, lay back down.” I whispered, squeezing his hand tightly.

“Wh-what happened? Wait, Kelly?” He asked, his bright, blue eyes widened when he saw me.