Chapter 18 - Fingers Crossed

Maddie’s POV

Lou has stayed with us the last week to help out with Gabby. Harry has been coming over lots also with Liam and Louis and Zayn have been staying in the link. I caught up with Barbara the other day it was sufficiently awkward and she apologized many times. The thing is though nothing has changed. Niall is still fooling around with her and Gabby is on the edge of breaking.

She signed herself into a modeling agency, they took her because she is semi famous because of Niall and she is very stunning.

She has been going everyday, she leaves early and gets home around dinner time. The others and I have been chatting on ways to fix this. Niall wont do it clearly so we got to pick up the pieces.

I know Gabby, she will break and I am worried.

I don’t know how to help her without hurting her.

“What do we do?”

Lou, Harry, Liam and I are sitting in the lounge room with tea and some snacks, we have to talk about this.

“I don’t know, no one knows Gabby like you do”

“I know, but not even I know what to do”

I think for a moment. This is ridiculous.

“I am going to go see her”

“No babe, don’t”

“Harry, I have to talk to her. I need know how she is feeling”

I get up grab my keys and phone from the table next to the door and head out. The drive to the modeling agency is about 10 minutes so I decide to put some soft music on.

~~~

Once I arrive at the modeling agency I walk through the double doors and find people rushing all around the place. This is chaos.

“Hi oh uhm sorry excuse me do you know where I could find Gabby?”

I find someone kind of calm and ask where I could find Gabby.

“She should be that way!”

I walk the direction the nice calm lady pointed in and look in all the rooms to see if Gabby is anywhere.

I find her in the last room, I don’t walk in yet or let her see me because I have to take in what is happening. She has a mirror in front of her lit up by the edges. Make up on the table everywhere. Her hair has been curled and styled. She is sitting staring at the mirror crying. Her beautiful make up is running down her cheeks. There are tissues off to the side.

I can feel my emotions go sad.

“Don’t let your tiara fall beautiful” I say as sympathetic as I can, I see her face turn to me

“Look at you Gabby, you are beautiful. Don’t let what a stupid boy did ruin who you are” I sit down beside her and wipe her tears cleaning the black from her cheeks.

“How though, I love him”

“He let you go Gabby, but I know you and I know that somewhere deep down you don’t need this, because this right here is bringing him back to your mind and you don’t need that”

I pick up the foundation from the table and begin to touch up her make up. I see a faint smile come across her face.

“You are beautiful Gabby, ask anyone. He doesn’t need to be the one to prove it to you”

“I know”

“Lift your head princess” I give her a friendly pat on her arm and see her lift her head up. That’s my girl.

I offer her my hand and she takes it standing up with me. I go over to the racks near the wall and search through looking for the perfect dress. I finally find it. It is a light pink/peach colour with the bust area completely full of jewels. It is perfect. I pick it up and hold it to her.

“What’s this for?”

“I am entering you into the princess catwalk”

“I have never heard of that”

“It’s a surprise, put it on!” I wink at her and she quickly rushes off the get changed. While I wait I text Harry

Text Message – Boyf

Harry, she is fine well will be. She is cat walking tomorrow on the catwalk I need you to bring Niall okay. I will text Barbara and tell her she has to be in the catwalk also. All of you please come and support. Xo

I don’t really know what I am doing, I just have a little plan that could work. We just need Niall to feel guilt and apologise and mean it.

My plan is that Barbara and Gabby will enter the same catwalk, they will be competing against each other. Barbara is fabulously trained as a model, Gabby isn’t. She is herself. Everyone will be there supporting Gabby and Barbara but more Gabby. Again I don’t really know what I am doing.

Gabby’s POV

Maddie has really helped me, even her presence just makes me that little bit happy. Niall has put me in a hole. I feel depressed and upset all the time. Maddie says don’t let my tiara fall but how am I meant to keep it up when it doesn’t mean anything without him.

She gave me this dress, it is beautiful I just out it on. It is a strapless number and makes me look like a princess.

“Maddie do you like it?” I give a spin for her before I see a massive smile crawl across her face

“It’s perfect, tomorrows catwalk I am entering you!”

“What no why? I have no clue how to do this stuff, I have been taught but nothing works when I am uspet”

“You just need to be you”

“Maddie please”

“Gabby, stop here put these on” She hands me silver glittered stilettos to wear with my dress. I can walk quite well with heels so that wont be a problem.

I take a look in the mirror. I look like a different person.

“Wow, I look different”

“You look stunning!”

“Enter it with me!”

“What! No way”

“Then I will not do it”

“Fine”

Yay Maddie is entering with me. After I get changed out of my dress and shoes and into some comfy clothing, Maddie takes me into the office so we can both enter. She smiles at me and tells me to wait in the car. I walk out and get in the car. She comes out a few minutes later.

“What were you doing?”

“…Asking some questions” she hesitates, I know she wasn’t but I am not going to question her.

Maddie’s POV

Text Message – Barbara

I just entered you in a catwalk tomorrow. Don’t hate me! I really want to do it with you! Gabby is entering to, please do it with me! Xo

Text Message From – Barbara

What! Maddie! Okay fine, only if you are definitely doing it can I bring Niall?

Text Message – Barbara

Yeah bring Niall! And yes of course I am haha xo see you tomorrow pretty face, oh by the way it is like a dressy themed catwalk ‘Formal wear’

Text Message From – Barbara

Yay Niall can come and yes I will see you tomorrow gorgeous! Formal wear got it xx

Text Message – Boyf

Don’t worry about inviting Niall Barbara is doing that! Turns out I have entered to so yeah xo we are on our way home now! Can you please have dinner ready? Love you

Text Message From – Boyf

I am excited to see you on that catwalk! Okay, okay and yeah I can babe. Love you too beautiful x

Okay good everything is sorted. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.