Chapter 7 - MADDIE

Gabby’s POV

Maddie still isn’t awake from two days ago.

The good thing about all of this is that the boys, Lou and Paul have decided to stay in Adelaide a little bit longer. That means I have Niall for support.

Every day I go into the hospital to wait for Maddie. Niall always comes with me and the boys have been coming to check on her too.

Liam has been coming in a lot with his parents who flew down yesterday. It is kind of weird how he is always here.

But right now, I am sitting in the waiting chair with Lou, Gemma and Niall. We have been here almost all day because the doctor said Maddie should wake up soon.

“I will be back..” I stand up and start to walk

“Will you be okay?”

“Niall, I am just going to the bathroom!”

I give Niall a faint smile and head to the bathroom.

~~~

As I am washing my hands I look up into the mirror and almost scream. I look horrible. My hair is a mess and I have massive bags under my eyes. That would be because I have not slept for two days.

I moan and splash some water on my face, before making my way back to the others.

As I am walking to my seat I see Liam and his parents talking to Niall.

“Hey Liam” I sit down in my seat

“You okay Gab?” He says sympathetically.

He is so confusing! A few days okay he was yelling at me, he didn’t even apologise for that.

I nod at him and pick my coffee up from the ground. Seriously can not be bothered right now with his crap.

The doctor comes out moments later and says that Maddie should be awaking any minute now. With the exciting news, I jump up and almost run to Maddie’s side. I am followed by Niall and Liam.

I run in and sit on the end of Maddie’s bed like the old times. Niall goes around on one side of the bed.

I hear a click and turn my head Liam just took a photo.

“What are you doing?”

“You will see”

I actually am really frustrated with Liam, I don’t know why though. I roll my eyes and look at the door. Everyone is here. All the boys have filed in now, I didn’t even know they were here. Lou and Gemma are around near Niall and Liam’s parents are around him, the rest of the boys are everywhere with Paul guarding the door and Maddie’s parents are standing at the back of the room.

She has so much support wow.

I look back at my best friend who is starting to move around slightly. It is so quiet in here.

Liam still has hold of her hand and everyone else is really close to her bed. She starts moving around more now.

“Maddie?”

My voice shaking I break the silence

“Maddie? Loser?”

I continue to speak

I hear a groan come from her mouth

“Maddie!”

My voice rises as I get more excited. I crawl across her bed and put my hands either side of her head, I am straddling her with my legs and only inches from her face with my own.

“LOSER!” I shout in her face.

I know she can hear me

Her eyes rapidly flick open “GET OFF ME YOU DUMB SLUT!”

Maddie is back

A massive smile creeps across my face as she abuses me. I flop myself down on her and wrap my arms around her neck. She lets out a groan as my body hits hers.

“YOUR BACK!”

“I wont be for long if you don’t get off!”

I get up and sit at the end of her bed as Lou and Gemma say hello

“Lou! Gemma! Am I glad to see you!”

“You sound like you’re in a good mood!”

“YESS!”

Everyone chuckles while Lou and Gemma hug her.

I look over at Liam and he has a big smile on his face, creep. The rest of the boys have smiles on their faces too. Awh.

I look at Niall and he jumps up to say hi. Maddie knows Niall but not the rest.

“Nialler!”

“Hey there Madz, how you doing!”

Niall hugs her and helps her sit up so that she can see.

I watch her face scan the room.

“OH MY GOD”

She smiles at me and eeks. Oh Maddie.

Maddie’s POV

I am finally awake.

I have just been greeted by my best friend who petrified me Lou and Gemma who I am so glad to see and Nialler. They are great people.

But but but, I am sitting up now and guess who else is here. EVERYONE.

I feel a smile come across my face. This is exciting.

One by one the boys come and give me a massive hug, well all the boys apart from Liam.

Louis’s hug was comforting, Zayn’s hug was a good hug but Harry’s triggered something in me. After I hugged him I just looked at him smirking at me. I am still looking at him. Not creepily though, just observing.

“Maddie, we have something to tell you”

My parents pipe up from the back

“Mum! Dad!”

“No wait honey, please just let us talk, Gabby you should hear this to”

My parents are nervous I can tell, but what about?

I look at Gabby with a confused face, she comes and lays next to me, in my bed. My parents come to the end of the bed.

“Maddie, you were adopted by us”

“What!”

Was that meant to come out like that?

Liams parents are now standing up next to mine comforting them.

“What the fuck do you mean I am adopted?”