Chapter 3: Finding Darius

Mare

"Here," said Julian handing me a vial, "Now go get Cal and we'll be off."

Cal

I was still roaming. Until I got to Julian's Barrack.

Mare walked out and ran to me.

"Cal, we need you, Julian wants to fly to Quota." she said, flipping her gorgeous hair.

"Get ready we leave in 15 minutes." I grunted. I really wasn't THAT excited to be talking to Mare, especially because it felt awkward when she ran out on me. I actually got a few people staring at me too.

"Cal, talk to me," she said, noting my pale face.

I turned, "You didn't even give me an answer!" I was angry. I think I even had the right to be!

"That was for your own good! I will answer you when we come back!" she cried. She was hiding something. She walked a little weird.

I grunted and turned around and walked silently.

Mare

"At least you didn't tell him," said Julian, coming in from behind.

"He just left. I don't blame him though. I did run out, leaving him embarrassed and awkward. I was the one who felt embarrassed actually. People didn't like that I neglected him."

"It's not your fault. He'll heal when he finds out." replied Julian. "Go catch your breath and pack your bags. Don't forget Kilorn!"

~In the airplane~

"Seat belts." said Cal, flicking some switches.

"Mare, let's go stock up on food for our backpacks." said Julian, signaling me to follow.

We went through what seemed like a maze that Julian knew well, until we finally reached a door labelled: Rations

"Listen Mare, when we find Darius, you must tell Cal about it. He deserves to know. And also don't forget to make sure we look "Happy" because apparently, Darius treats all the angry and depressed looking people like... shit, so talk to Cal about the proposal, get his hopes up," said Julian cautiously.

We went back to our seats and talked a bit, ate a bit, slept a bit and... well... cried a bit? I don't know, but it got emotional alright!

Julian happened to hear Cal sobbing so Julian signaled me to stay and we both guessed that it was probably about the proposal.

When Julian came back he stooped low and said, "He says that he awaits your answer when we return."

"Yeah, I told him that." I sighed. What if the spell didn't work? What if we couldn't find Darius? What if Cal actually has no curse and Julian was making an excuse just to meet his friend? UGH! I gotta stop thinking like this! All these IF'S and BUTS are gonna kill me someday! Maybe I should just leave the matter along for now.

"We're gonna land." Said Cal.

When we hit touch ground, everyone sighed, relieved be in the ground again.

"We have to walk through this forest here and then through a market, it's about 5 miles, so get ready for a walk and carry a knife close." Said Julian

We walked into the forest, cutting down plants in our way and watching our step.

"So, this friend of yours... Silver?" Asked Cal, obviously bored.

"Yes, but Maven hated him, but Darius managed to escape to Quota." Said Julian, sighing.

"Oh."said Cal.

"Yes."

Kilorn was silent for the whole thing.

A/N

So. These POV's are actually new changes! That's why when you read a little ahead of this part, you won't find it the same! I suggest you stop reading! Before you get all confused! I'll be sending a message to all my followers when I'm done changing everything up. If you have questions or suggestion feel free to comment them down below and don't forget to vote!

😚

Becky💋