When they passed I looked around at the books. They were mostly about werewolves and other were creatures but there were some story books too. My escape plan quickly dissipated as I buried my head in books.

I was turning the pages through some werewolf books I hadn't seen before when his smell made its way into my nose. He touched my shoulder and I immediately distanced myself away.

"I thought you were trying to run away and I got scared but yet I find you here." Silence. "So you were trying to run away." Silence. "You're doing it again. Distancing yourself from me. I thought we were on good terms."

I closed the book and looked at him. "Since when. All I did was tell you my name." I pushed the book in his chest. "And if I'm staying here I want my own room." I walked away somehow ending up in the living room with everyone staring at me.

"You must be the new girl. Kyle's mate." I narrowed my eyes and Chad quickly whispered, "I think she is human and doesn't know about mates." Too bad he's wrong.

"Oh. Well I'm Rema, Chad's sister."

"I'm Chad."

"Hayden."

"Veronica."

And the list goes on to the last person in the room. "I'm Miela," I cracked a fake smile. "Nice to meet you." During the introductions I heard Kyle come nearby. I felt nostalgic. Being with three was enough but a whole pack. No. Just no. I turned back heading out the room.

"Where's my new room?" I asked Kyle who was leaning near the door way.

"Next to mine on the right."

"Of course it just had to be next to his."

I walked off into my room. It wasn't as big as his but it was a good size. I looked through the window, watching children play reminding me of when I was little. "I miss those days."

"Miss what days?" Startled I turned around quickly read to strike my assailant but my hand was caught midair by none other than Kyle. I pulled my hand away from his grasp and went around him.

"Can't you leave me alone..."

"No I can't." I looked up at him and he stared back at me.

"I asked for my own bedroom for these reasons," I said quietly to myself. "You're like some pesky fly that i can't get rid of. What do you want with me?"

"I need you to," he started swallowing hard followed by silence.

"If you have nothing to say, then get-"

"I need you to help me run the pack."

"What's wrong with the Veronica girl or someone else?" I asked indifferently. "Your so called pack has nothing to do with me."

"She's not a fitting woman for the title. Besides, I don't like her."

"So you chose me because... you like me."

"I uh," he started and I glared at him to stop beating around the bush. "Yes I like you. I like you a lot."

I stared up at him with wide eyes at the seriousness in his voice then looked away. "We just met and besides I don't like you. Now buzz off."

I turned away from him as he slowly exited the room. I heard him enter his room slamming his body onto the bed and started mumbling things that I blocked out.

"You full on rejected him."

"I simply said the truth. Now time for me to escape."