Chapter 6

The carriage grinding to a halt tore me away from my light slumber. My head ended up on Reginas lap; with my arms curled up around her leather pant clad legs. I turn onto my back, stretching my tired limbs. Regina had her fingers brushing through my hair gently. Her eyes trained outside the carriage window. Staring at her.... Castle.
The castle.
I never seen it so up close before.
I start getting nervous.
The exterior had jagged points in all directions sticking out. It looked as though a bunch of swords were protecting the castle and whoever lies within it.
Protecting the Queen.
The carriage door opened by a man dressed in a guard's uniform. A tight lipped smile was present on is gruff features.. Until he saw me on Queen Regina's lap. His cold grey eyes snapped to mine. If looks could kill.... I would be dead right now.
I scampered off Regina's lap, my gaze cast downward. I could feel Regina place her hand on top of mine but quickly took it away when I flinched from her touch..
The Guard cleared his throat, gaining attention from Regina.
" My Queen... welcome back.. I see you have brought home a stray." He sneered.
What was his problem?
"Liam!" Regina growled out. " You do NOT talk to my guest like that!" Her hand flashes with magic.
I smile softly at her protectiveness.
He lessened his glare and slipped a fake smile on when he looked over at the Queen.
"Yes, your Majesty" fake sweetness laced in his voice. He reached his hand towards the Queen.
I can feel my cheeks grow hot and a burst of jealousy runs through my veins.
My body deflates as I see her accept the hand. Pulling her body fully out of the carriage... sadness overwhelms me. I slump against the seat of the carriage.
Then a hand appears in front of my face. The hand looks soft and welcoming.. Defiantly not a hand from that man. Looking up to the beholder of the hand.
Regina.
She smiles softly at me, her eyes filled with pure adoration.
My heart starts to flutter wildly.
I grab a hold of her hand as she helps me out.
I can feel eyes burning holes into the back of my head, but I do not pay attention. Instead I grip Regina's hand tighter in mine and stare into the eyes of the Queen. I swear I can see a little twinkle breaking out on her hard mocha eyes.

Our hands clasped tightly together, heading towards the front entrance of the castle. The nerves flutter through my stomach, I feel as though if I would to let go of Regina's hand I would of run. Everything looks so intimidating.
I do not belong here.
A squeeze on my hand gets me out of my thoughts; I lock eyes with The Queen. She can see the nerves all in my features. My eyes are filled with worry as I stare into her eyes. She pulls me close to her body, I gasp at the sudden contact.
A swirl of purple smoke consumes us. My vision goes dark, feeling the magic spread through my body.
My eyes shoot open, darting around observing the surroundings. We were in a long hallway, guards in every corner. A big set of doors at the end of the hall grabbed my attention.
"Where are we Regina?" I whisper, eyes darting around.
"The hall of Bed chambers, my dear." She smiled at me. "I will have a room made up for you... but for tonight you may sleep in my chambers... If you will like? I will conjure another bed for you." A cloud of uncertainty crossed her features.
I nod enthusiastically. She pulls me towards the chambers, nodding her head in acknowledgement to the guards.
The guards stare ahead down the hall. Their eyes glazed over, unmoving.
Almost lifeless.
The doors shut behind us, the bang echoing throughout the room. She pulled me to the center of the room, dropping my hands.
The sunset glow from the windows in the chambers lit the room softly. The light creating shadows from the furniture. I walked towards the window, looking out into the evening sky. The skies danced with colours of purple and orange. I never seen a sunset like this before, so open. The one I am use to seeing always ended up behind the mountains, as it shaded the whole village.
I felt an arm wrap around my back, as the Queen stood beside me.
"It is so beautiful.." I gasp.
"I see something even more .." Regina whispers into the air. I turn towards her, her eyes already on mine.
Was she talking about me?
I blush deeply at the thought of The Queen ever thinking about me that way.
" Oh.. and what Is that, your Majesty?" I tease.
She starts to blush and her gaze drops to the ground.
She mumbles.
" What was that, your Majesty?" I smirk.
"yoh rerrr buutifl" I start laughing, her words coming out all slurred as her head is down to her chest and is partially covering her mouth.
I stop laughing when I see the nerves jump across her face, and the stained red cheeks. She had a little trail of wetness down her cheek.
"Regina.... What is wrong?" I ask quietly. Taking her face in my hands, stroking her cheeks softly.
Her eyes were rimmed red. She looked me directly in the eyes; I could feel her lean in softly. Her nose was just barely touching mine. Her gaze drifted to my lips, as did mine to hers.
"I.. I am not really good at this..." She whispered right before her lips came in contact with mine.
She is kissing me.
It was like all timed stopped. My hands still cupped her cheeks, as hers fell to my waist. I feel her smile into the kiss. She slowly moves her lips on mine, I happily reciprocate.
A knock on the door interrupts us. I can feel her growl against my lips as she pulls away. I slowly open my eyes and a blush brightens up my cheeks.
She is about to go yell at whoever knocked on the door, when I grabbed her hand once again and pulled her into me. I placed a small kiss on the corner of her lips.
"No fire balls Regina." I tell her with a small giggle escaping my lips.
She looks completely mortified by that request.
"I make no promises, my dear Emma." She walks towards the door, ready to cause a war... with a fireball disappearing from her hand.

I lay in the bed Regina has conjured for me. It was much more comfy than the one I am use to at home... at my Mother's house.
Liam had disturbed us earlier, telling The Queen it was time for dinner. He did not imply that it was for me too, but the mention of food made my stomach roar. I have not eaten in a day or two. The Queen laughed when the roar drifted over to her ears, and eagerly grabbed my hand. We strolled down to the dinner room.
It was the best meal of my life, as I eagerly ate. The Queen just smiled at me the whole time.
I smile softly at the memory from earlier this evening.
I could feel my eye lids grow heavier with each passing moment.
"Goodnight, My Queen" I whispered into the night, as slumber consumed me.

My sweat soaked limbs stuck to the sheets, my hair fallen in every direction. Tears running down my eyes, onto my chest.
A nightmare.
No. It was a memory. A very bad one.
The day after I killed my sister..
I try to shake the memory from my mind, but no use. The tears spilled faster. The moon still peaked into the night sky, it was still late.
I looked over to Regina; she lying in the opposite side of the room in her own bed. She was snoring softly.
Should I disturb her?
No... I cannot. She looks so peaceful.
I grab my clothing from beside my bed, being changed into a night shirt earlier that night. The familiar material somewhat calming.
Slipping on my boots, I make my way toward the door. I need to clear my mind, maybe a walk would help. When I was in my old room and I had constant nightmares, I would read one of my books...
I wonder if she has a library.
The hallway was dark, the guards still stood there tall. Though this time nodding their heads in acknowledgement towards me.
"Sirs.. Does this palace have a library?" I whisper softly.
The guard on the right nodded.
"Can you please tell me where it is?" I plead.
"Miss, it is down the right staircase on the 4th door to the left." He whispered.
I am utterly surprised he talked at all.
I smiley politely at him and thank him, making my way down the hall.
Once I reach the staircase, complete darkness blankets me.
I could not see a thing.
" Emma! You can stay in here all night!"
I was only 11 years old, I cried silently in the corner. The darkness consumed me. I was not scared of the dark; I was scared of the monsters that lied in it.
I shut my eyes tight, begging for light.
When a light shined in the darkness, a small flame was lit upon my finger tip. I gasped completely shocked. Trying to shake the flame off, realizing it.... Did not hurt.
I stared open mouthed at the small flame.
A small smile coming to my lips.
That was the first time I liked my magic.
I closed my eyes tightly, like that night. A ball of flames appearing on my finger tip, like a candle, that never melted.
Walking down the stairs and the corridor, the flame flickering images on the walls on the castle.
One door.
Two doors.
Three doors.
And finally... the library.
I cannot help but grin, pushing the doors open. The light from the library shone on me.
The walls were filled with dust filled books shelves. It looked as though no one has been in here for a while.
On the table in the center of the room laid a few books. They looked more worn out, then the rest. I grab the top one and started to read.
I need to forget.