52

TWO WEEKS LATER....

Justin:

"Justin! Get up!" A familiar voice shouted at me. I fell a week drop down into my stomach, making me grunt. Opening my eyes, I found a very happy looking Kayden.

"What?" I groaned. "It's your birthday. Rise and shine!" She exclaimed.

That's right. My birthday. How does one forget his own birthday...?

"Okay, I'm up." I said, sitting up all the way. Kayden still sat on my stomach, so I grabbed her waist and pulled her towards me for a kiss. But, joy disappointment, she shoved me away.

"What?" I asked. "I don't kiss people with morning breath." She said, scrunching up her nose. I rolled my eyes.

"not even on their birthday?" I question, moving my face towards hers. She shook her head and moved away. I sighed and gave up.

"Get dressed," she ordered, getting off me. "I have a whole day planned out. Plus, your mom made your favorite breakfast and has a present for you."

Excited, I threw the covers off me and dashed to my closet, picking out my clothes for the day.

Kayden smiled and shook her head. "I'll be downstairs." She said before walking out my door. I quickly took a shower and got ready before going downstairs.

I was greeted by the sweet aroma of eggs, bacon, and pancakes. My mom stood in front of the stove, cooking away while my dad sat at the table, reading the paper.

"good morning, honey. Happy birthday!" My mom greeted. "Happy birthday, son." My dad added. "Thanks." I said to both of them. I looked over and saw that Kayden was sitting at the counter, playing on her phone.

I smirked and walked over to her, slipping my arms around her waist. "do I get my kiss now?" I asked in a low tone next to her ear.

She set her phone down, meeting my eyes. An unsure look was plastered on her face. I blew on her face so she could smell my now minty breath.

"Nope." She said, returning to her phone. "What?" I exclaimed, grasping my parents' attention.

"Is something wrong?" My mom asked. "No, not at all." Kayden replied, slipping out of her stool and going over to the fridge. I rolled my eyes and sat down at the counter.

"Alright, here ya go." My mom said, delivering me my plate of delicious food. I instantly dug in.

"And, Kayden. Pancakes and bacon, no eggs." My mom announced, giving Kayden her plate.

She smiled and returned to her spot at the counter next to me with a glass of milk and dug in. After we ate, my parents handed me a wrapped present. I tore the wrapping paper and opened it. Inside was a new snapback and some cash.

I always get money on my birthday. But it's never for me to spend on myself. I have to use it on Kayden for her birthday present or what I do for her birthday, which I'm thankful for. Every year, I end up getting her present at the last second because I always forget.

Speaking of presents, I turn to Kayden.

"So, where is your present for me?" I asked, slightly smirking. "you'll get it. Don't worry." She assured me. "Now, come on. We have a whole day ahead of us." She grabbed my hand and started leading  me out the door.

"Have fun, kids!" Parents called after us. After we walked out the door, I turned to Kayden. "do I get my kiss now since we're alone?" I asked, taking a step towards her. She blew out a sigh. "Fine."

I smirked and lean down, pressing my lips to hers. She kissed back, her arms finding my neck. My hands lay gently on her small waist.

Moments later, we parted, our arms still around each other.

"So, what are we doing today?" I asked her. "You'll see." She replied, slipping out of my grasp and walking away. I smiled and followed. I jogged to catch up with her, slipping my hand into hers.

This is our tradition. Kayden plans out my whole birthday, then I plan out hers. Well, except for when we were younger. Back then, we needed our parents help. But once we are old enough, it was all up to us.

We spend the whole day together, having as much fun as we can. Then at the end of the day, we part ways so I can prepare for Kayden's birthday.

I cannot wait to see what she had in store for me.

Yeah, you could say I was excited.