35*

Kayden:

I made sure I got up early the next morning so I wouldn't have to face Justin right when I got up. That would be a bad way to start my day.

I put on a plaid shirt and jeans with slipper shoes before going outside. The sun had risen over the lake, making everything look so beautiful and peaceful. Just what I needed after disaster party take two.

I walked out to the edge of the dock and sat down crosslegged. My thoughts made their way to Justin.

How could he do that to me? And then act like he did nothing. It makes me wonder if he was lying when he kissed Kayla too.

It just doesn't make sense. He promised he would never hurt me. Maybe us being together just isn't the right thing. Maybe we need to go back to being just friends. But I felt like crying at the thought of us breaking up.

I thought about how he yelled at me. He even swore at me. He's never sworn at me. And I mean never. He seemed so angry that it scared me.

I hope he hasn't changed. I don't want to lose my Justy. But he's been breaking promises and all that crap. Is this what relationships are supposed to be like? because if it is, I don't want anything to do with it.

I don't know what to do. So I did the only thing I could do. I dropped my head into my hands and let some tears fall.

"Kayden?"

I froze in my spot. I knew that voice anywhere.

Slowly and reluctantly turning around, I came face-to-face with Justin. My heart shattered to pieces all over again by just looking at him.

"Can we talk?" He asked me. I tore my eyes away from him and shook my head.

He let out a sigh and stepped towards me. "Kayd, baby please." He said in a pleading tone.

"No, just leave me alone, Justin." I replied softly, shoving past him. Before I can get away, he grabbed onto my arm and brought me close to him.

"Kayd, please just tell me what's wrong." He begged, looking straight into my eyes. "No! Let me go!" I ordered, my tone rising.

"Not until we talk." He said, shaking his head. I was about to object, but got interrupted.

"Hey kids, you two should go for a hike." Pattie suggested with a smile. Obviously, she didn't know that me and Justin were having some issues.

"Yeah,go. It's a beautiful day. But be back by lunch." My mom added.

I was mentally screaming "No! No! No!"

"Yeah, let's go, Kayd." Justin spoke, grabbing my hand and leading me towards the tent. Yep, not getting out of this one.

We both grabbed backpacks with water bottles and snacks. Then we were off. And I would be alone.... In the woods..... with Justin.

Lucky me.......