30

Justin:

"Justin, wake up!" A familiar voice shouted. I groaned and allowed my eyes to open.

Kayden was standing over me, her hands on her hips. I already knew she'd been jumping on my bed for a while.

"Finally." She said. I chuckled and brought her down to me so that she was straddling my waist.

"Hi." I said to her, reaching up and moving a strand of hair behind her ear. "Hi." She replied with a smile.

My whole world lit up because of that smile. That smile that I love.

"You doing okay?" I asked and concern, thinking about what happened with her dad the day before.

"I'd be better if you got up and took me to laser tag with Ryan and Chaz like you promised." She replied.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

"Right." I said, sitting up a bit. "We'll go in an hour."

"No, now! Let's go, lazy bones!" Kayden exclaimed, going to get off of me. I quickly pulled her back though, tugging her downwards before I got on top of her and pinned her down.

"i'm not getting up until I get a kiss." I smirked down at her. She groaned. "Why do you always need a kiss from me?"

I chuckled and leaned in close to her, our faces centimeters apart. Her breathing hitched in her throat and my smirk grew.

"Because I love you." I whispered to her before attaching our lips. I smiled into the kiss. However, Kayden pulled away, glaring up at me.

"you seriously need to stop that." She told me. "stop what?" Asked, even though I had a pretty good idea. "You know what." She said, finding the strength to push me off of her.

She quickly got up, knowing I would grab her and hold her down again.

"Get ready, Romeo." She ordered, starting to walk out of my room. I smiled and shook my head before getting up and hopping in the shower.

I drove towards the Laser Tag Palace with Kayden next to me and Ryan and Chaz in the back.

Ryan and Chaz's dad's were also joining us because they're just awesome like that. Seriously, they both love laser tag.

"Ryan, you're on my team." Kayden said, looking back at Ryan.

"What?!" I exclaimed, looking at her. "Why not me?"

"Because Ryan's nice and I know he's going to protect me." She said, smirking at me.

"Ha! I'm nice." Ryan bragged. I glared at both him and Kayden while Chaz sat behind me, chuckling.

"You are both going down." I said to them. "Yeah right." Kayden snorted, looking out the window.

"oh, you think you're better than me, little girl?" I asked her, raising my eyebrows. "Yes, I do." She replied.

"oh, it's on, Kayder Gator. it's on." I said to her. She smiled.

"Go!" I shouted at Chaz. He moved towards the ramp and ran up it.

I looked around me, doing a 360. So far, Kayden, Ryan, and Ryan's dad were winning, but not by much. All I have to do is get Kayden, and it will be done.

Speaking of Kayden, she suddenly appeared, doing a somersault on the ground before popping up and pointing her laser gun at me.

I chuckled, resting my gun at my side. Trust me, I got this.

"Hey, baby." I greeted her taking a couple steps towards her. "Hi there." She returned. "You gonna shoot me?" I asked. She shrugged. "I was planning on it."

I let out another chuckle taking a few more steps toward her so that our bodies were barely touching."You sure?" I whispered to her, carefully lowering her gun to her side.

My plan: to make her nervous. Then BAM! Done. Winner.

I raised my hand up and let it find her face, caressing it softly. Then I moved to her jawline, kissing it. My hands moved up and down her side, and I knew I was making her weaker and weaker.

It was at that point that I quickly spun her around and held her against my chest. I held her tightly in my grasp and pointed my gun at her chest.

"Ryan! Help!" She screamed out. "Shhh." I cooed in her ear. But to my disappointment, Ryan and his dad, showed up.

"Justin, let her go." Ryan ordered, pointing his gun at me. "Not gonna happen, bro." I smirked back. "It's over, guys. I shoot Kayden and my team wins."

"Justin, let me go." Kayden begged. "Sorry baby" I said to her, holding her tighter.

That's when the rest of my team showed up. Chaz and his dad looked around and immediately pointed their guns at Ryan and his dad.

Man, I felt like we were in a NCIS or CSI episode.

"give it up guys, it's over." I told them. Ryan and his dad exchanged looks then looked at Kayden.

They sighed and I knew right then that I won.

"Fine." They said lowering their weapons. I smirked again and gained a better grip on my weapon.

"No!" Kayden objected, but I ignored her. I pulled the trigger and Kayden's vest made a sound, signaling she was "dead".

I let go of her and she whipped around and glared at me. I smiled and leaned down, kissing her nose. "I love you." I said to her. She just rolled her eyes and the light came back on in the room, signaling our time was up. The room looks so much different all lit up.

"Let's go, guys." I said to everyone. I wrapped my arm around Kayden and led the way out.

I'm so glad my Kadie bear could get a day where she could just forget about her dad. At least I hope she managed to get him off her mind.

"So what happened to Ryan protecting you?" I asked. She glared up at me. "Shut up."

I laughed and kissed the top of her head.