1| A New Mission

Rory stirred beneath the covers, growling lowly in protest as the tiredness slowly faded from him and he knew he had to get up. Serving a lord wasn't easy, it wasn't fun either, he just had to deal with it just like everyone else.

He groaned and pulled the covers off of his face, he felt sweaty which was pretty much normal, considering he fell asleep in a room full of fire. He sat up, rubbing his eyes as a gentle yawn escaped his lips. He then shifted so that his legs were hanging over the edge of the bed before getting up, he stretched his arms over his his head as his wings dragged behind him.

Today was just another boring day in the everyday boring cycle. Wake up, talk to Lord Leto, go work, come back, go back to sleep, repeat. It had been about 100 years since he was able to go on a big mission, one that wouldn't just take a few hours, it could take weeks- months even!

Rory then shrugged off the thoughts, obviously nothing has happened so far in the world and it's always been its boring self. He ran a hand through his dark black locks before going to his closet and opening the door, inside his options were nothing but black, some random random shorts neatly folded on a small shelf.

After looking through his options, he decided on a black shirt with white lettering that looked like an Ouija board with the name 'My Chemical Romance' on it. He didn't listen to music barely at all but when he did, he would listen to My Chemical Romance, it was just something he secretly liked.

Rory spread his gentle soft feathers apart as they popped through the holes on the back of his hoodie that he put on next, letting them fold behind him. He then opened his door and left the room, not bothering to lock the door as everyone knew if they intruded, it would be a death wish.

He walked down the hallways. The hallways were long, preferably long for a small kingdom of ruled by Leto. Leto didn't just rule that though, he had five different parts all over and they were all attached, it was as big as a normal kingdom should be for a lord.

The hallways were red, dark red. The floors were a pitch darkness while the only light source was glowing crystals that grew through the walls which added to the pretty design. Demons walked past Rory while a few others loitered around the corridor, all chatting with each other before Rory passed them, which they greeted him good morning.

Rory only shot everyone a glance. Same old faces, same old demons, same old butlers and maids and slaves everywhere! There was nothing new! It was all the same! Nothing would ever change in this broken world... Rory thought to himself.

As he walked and passed by more demons, he closed his eyes lightly, gently gliding his hand against the heated red walls. Just another day, same old life... But I must check up with Lord Leto... He thought to himself silently as he reopened his eyes, turning the corner of the long corridor as he approached the throne room.

The throne room came into view. A large throne stood at the far side of the room, the throne was made of black and gold which in some places looked like ripped fabric but that was just the design. The walls were all black and the floor was a cold, dark grey almost- colourless shade and the ceiling stretched up very high up almost higher than a 5 story building.

The one who sat in the throne was Leto himself. His body was huge, you could literally stand in his palm and if you laid down in his hand, then it would still be bigger than your body by a few inches. His eyes were mysterious. His eyes completely black except for two small white dots in each one which were his pupils, it was visible from behind the mask that he always wore.

The mask was half white and half black, both sides with pretty patterns such as small pointy triangles and a small curved line of white on the black side. His body was complete black and surrounded in smoke, fire blazing in plates on either side of the throne base in bright orange and red beautiful colours all mixing together perfectly.

Rory stopped in front of Leto, bowing respectfully to his lord and master before straightening. Leto's booming loud voice filled the air next, startling Rory a little considering it was still early morning, about 3:13AM.

"Greetings, Rory." Leto greeted almost emotionlessly, his voice showing no signs of anything, not even happiness or affection, like he didn't care about anything at all. Rory replied with a simple nod before replying, "Hello my lord, what duties do you have for me today? The regular?"

"Actually, I have a mission for you today." Leto started, tapping his fingers together almost anxiously, even though his mask read no expression of excitement. "Something very big, and something very... Very important..."

...What would that be?...