Chapter 13

The last few days I had done my best to avoid anyone and everyone, especially Vic. The only thing that hurt me more than the reoccurring nightmares were then sympathetic looks I'd receive from the other slaves. I wanted to scream at them, demand why they didn't help me. It didn't matter now really, I would just have to move on with my life doing the best I can. I didn't think Vic had noticed anything was off. I tried desperately to make sure he never found out, but every time he was in the room I got nervous, and the few times he had touched my thigh or shoulder I had flinched. I also woke him up once when I screamed in a nightmare, but after that I started biting my blanket while I slept. It wasn't enough to make me choke or anything, but it kept me somewhat quiet. Other than all that, I was feeling slightly better than I had a couple days ago. My back and ass didn't hurt as much anymore, and I stopped wanting to cry every minute of everyday. I felt hope that I would heal over time, but this environment wasn't helping me out. The lingerie bothered me a lot more than I had because I was worried Vic would demand sex from me. Luckily he hadn't yet, but I had heard him using another slave in that scary dungeon the other day. After that I had to go to the bathroom to keep myself from panicking. If he wanted to fuck me, I didn't know how I'd react, especially because Vic didn't seem to be a sweet and slow guy.

I had just finished loading all the bed sheets into the washing machine. I had to go back into the guest room, and that nearly caused a panic attack, but I managed. However, I was disgusted by the stain I found on the guest room sheets. It resurfaced memories I was still trying to shove down into the part of my brain I forgot about. It had worked well until this point, but now I wanted to curl up in a corner and rot away. Unfortunately I still had jobs to get done before I could do that. I went to clean the bathroom when I shoved back into the laundry room. I squealed and hunched over, bringing my arms up to cover my body, as if that would protect me from an attacker. I stood there trembling, waiting for the person to grab me or hit me. Nothing rained down on me, so I tentatively stood up. I saw Vic looking at me with wide eyes.

"I knew I was a dick, but I didn't think you were that scared of me," he said in shock. He hadn't hit me for a while, not since the first few times we had interacted. There was no reason for me to react to him like that, so I understood his confusion.

"Sorry, you scared me," I mumbled, just wanting to hurry and clean the bathroom so I could hole up in my room.

"No, bullshit," he spoke sternly, coming over to me. I backed up to the dryer behind me, trying to keep a sizable distance between us. "You are always scared, always having bad dreams. There is something more going on. You may not understand this, but it's my job to make sure my slaves aren't going crazy, and you're going fucking insane. What the hell is going on?"

I shook at the loudness of his voice and his near vicinity. I thought about ducking around him, but I feared the punishment I'd receive for trying to leave this conversation. I wracked my head for a decent, acceptable excuse, but I took far too longer to respond, and that made Vic even more suspicious.

"Look, Kells, there is something very wrong, and even though I may be an intimidating guy, I want to help you. You aren't okay," he told me gently, setting his hand carefully on my shoulder. A flinch nearly escaped me, but his words reassured me, so I took a deep breath and calmed myself down.

"Just, something happened, okay? It's not a big deal, I'll be fine," I replied, trying to convince myself more than him. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"You. Aren't. Fine. You need help to heal, and that's why I am here. Please tell me what happened. We can go to my office if you would like." If he was going to continue to pester me about this, I'd rather do it in his office than in the dusty laundry room. I nodded my head, and he took my hand, guiding me all the way to his office. He allowed me to sit in the large leather chair on the opposite side of his desk, where he sat down. It reminded me of the last time I was here, and how I had been scared of things that seemed so silly compared to my current worries. That thought depressed me, and I guess Vic could see my mood worsen because he leaned forward and took my hands in his across the desk. I let my gaze meet his, and I was startled by how clear his eyes were today. They usually seemed dark and clouded, but right now they were the colour of a bottle of whiskey being held to the light. I was entranced by them, and I nearly forgot why I was even with him.

"So? Will you please explain to me what has happened?" He asked me gently. Although I was surprised that he was being so kind to me, I was even more surprised by the lack of underlying frustration in his tone. You would think that after spending about ten minutes trying to get information out of me, he'd be more irritated than gentle. I suppose he's just in a good mood today, and he'll be back to his gang leader-self tomorrow. With that in mind, I couldn't decide if I should sit here quietly, tell him a made-up story, or tell him the truth. Multiple scenarios of the consequences for all those options quickly ran through my head, and I was mostly worried about how he'd react to the truth. I was also worried that he'd been pissed if he found out I had lied to him if I didn't tell him the truth. I found myself at a crossroads, but I met Vic's expectant gaze and came to a decision.

For those of you that haven't heard yet, I am writing a book of Halloween one-shots. If you'd like, you can comment requests here or in the book of one-shots. It would be really awesome if you did so, I've already gotten some great ideas. Please check that out, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter.