"I expect you to stay up until I return. After all, I am your husband. Aren't I?" I whisper and she looks away and I smirk. She tested me. Now I'll test her.

"Salam Alaykum." I say letting her go.

-

I went into the building and got into the elevator. But a woman came running in and almost stumbled onto me.

"Yaseen?" Maria turns around with a big smile on her face.

"How was your trip?"

"Oh it was wild.I just got back 2 days ago."

I nod.

"Why are you here at this time? shouldn't you be packing up." She asks.

"I-"

"Are yo here to see..perhaps me?" She asks taking a step closer. I stepped back and looked away from her eyes.

"No." I say and the elevator door opens and I head towards my office.

I sat down and checked our stats until Maria knocked on the door I gave her a nod and she came inside.

"Sir here's a souvenir I got. " she says placing a mini gift box on the desk.

I looked down at the box and then at her.

"Did you get anything for the rest of the employees?"

She looks back and then at me.

"No. Just for you." She says shrugging.

I take a heavy breath in and out and then lean forward.

"It's nice of you to bring me a gift. But if you have not gotten the rest a gift then I won't accept this. Sorry." I say leaning back once again.

Her smile fades.

"But why not?"

"Ms.Maria, Let's keep our relationship professional please. I'm your boss not your friend. I don't expect you to bring me unnecessary gifts. Thank you but I'd rather not"

"Yaseen-"

"DO NOT use my first name. I said this once and I'll say it once more. I'm your boss. Nothing more nothing less."

"Mr. Rami I'm simply offering you a souvenir."

"Great. I don't want it. It is unnecessary."

She sighs and leans back into her chair.

"You're back to that same old guy again. I thought before I left, you were a little better. I leave for 6 months and look at you again." She says and I look away and brush my hand through my hair and scratch the back of my neck.

"Stop it Maria. Please."

"Alright if you don't want it. I'll take it back." She says putting it into her bag.

"I'm...I'm sorry." I say and she smiles.

"Oh, look at that. Looks like you're still okay. You learned to say sorry now?" She says trying to get me to look at her.

"Wow. Progress. Anyways I better- wait what's that?" She asks getting up and then pointing at a frame.

I picked it up and mentally smiled. It was just a picture of Me and Qulsum on our wedding. I never really took a good look at it. And even if it was out I don't really know why I even put it here but it was far in the back barely visible.

I put it towards Maria so she could take a closer look.

"What...Whats this?" She asks.

"It's a picture of me and my wife." I say quietly. I never said it so openly before. I never thought I would. It sounds kind of odd. "My wife"

"Your wife? You got married?"

"Yeah for two months now." I say.

She stares at the picture and puts it back down.

"Why does she look so...unhappy? Does she even like you? Do you like her?" She asks.

I looked at the picture again, and actually Qulsum does not look happy? But why? I didn't even say anything to her yet. Matter a fact I thought I was quite nice to her that time.

Was she forced to get married?

"She's not sad. She's just..."

"I don't like pictures" thats what she had said

"She just doesn't like pictures."

"But on the wedding day? That's kind of odd."

"Well She is fine."

"Fine?"

"No I mean she does like me-"

"It doesn't seem that way to me. Do you actually have a mutual married couple relationship?"

I don't respond.

"Does she treat you well?"

Yes.

"Does she actually even care for you?"

"Don't smoke it's not good for you"

Yes she does care.

Does she want your money?

"Thanks for your hospitality but I'll pay for my taxi myself"

No she doesn't want my money.

"The big question is DO YOU EVEN LIKE HER?"

___________________________

Vote!!

What do you all think?

As always be Loyal and Stay Royal and I hope you enjoyed!