Chapter 13 - Help

Start from the beginning

“So, after we broke up, I was in a bad place.” Kian looks at me with sadness in his eyes which makes me sad.

So he was upset, so he decided to get a girl pregnant? Genius.

“Does Andrea know?” I ask him before he has the chance to say anything else. I have to know the answer before I listen to anything he has to say. After all, he at least owes it to her to tell her that he is going to be a father.

I try to think about if Kian and I would have gotten back together and I found out that he had gotten Emily pregnant how I would react. Would I have been mad? Of course. Would I have broken up with him? I’m not sure. I don’t know how I would react exactly because it isn’t me that it is happening to, it’s happening to Andrea. I would like to think that I would try to work things out, but I don’t really know if that is what I would actually do.

I look up at Kian and he has a shameful look on his face. “No.”

I look down at my hands which rest in my lap, more anger rising in me. I also feel a great amount of disappointment.

“That’s what I wanted to talk to you about.”

I feel a great heaviness in my stomach now. I don’t know what I was expecting, but I wasn’t expecting him to want me to give advice on how to tell his new girlfriend he got a girl pregnant.

“I don’t know what to do, Maddie,” Kian says, reaching over and grabbing my hand.

I shake my head, not understanding what he needs from me.

“Why did you let something like this happen?” I ask him, looking at him with anger.

“I was drunk. I was at a party and Emily was there. I hardly remember anything but I know that it happened. It was a mistake, Maddie,” He tells me, trying to get me to understand.

I look away from him, suddenly a little jealous. But jealous of what?

“When we broke up, I couldn’t get over you, Madison. I tried everything. I deleted your number from my phone; I deleted all of our pictures from my phone. But I couldn’t stop thinking about you. I would get on twitter and see tons of our pictures being tweeted with people saying they miss ‘Kaddie’. I was reminded constantly of you. Some days it would be too much and so I would do stupid things like go to parties and get so drunk I couldn’t walk. It was terrible, but the only thing that could make me forget. Maddie, do you realize that you were my everything? When I lost you I didn’t know what I could do to feel better.”

His words bring tears to my eyes that I try really hard to stop but I can’t. I felt the same thing and, at times, I still do. Even with Skylar.

We both stay quiet for a while, the only sound being the waves and people on the beach playing games.

“I don’t know what to do, Maddie,” Kian whispers. When I look back up at him, I notice that there is a tear rolling down his face. “Everything is wrong. Emily is pregnant, you’re dating Skylar…and I have ruined everything.”

I don’t know what to say to him, mostly because I have no idea what he is talking about.

“Maddie, I need help. What do I do? How do I tell Andrea about this? I have already lost you, I can’t lose her too. I don’t think I could handle losing her because of this,” he says, his voice cracking a little bit. I don’t know how to respond to him. His words hurt me because I realize that he does have feelings for Andrea.

“Kian, I,” I begin, but I don’t even know where I was going with it. I can’t even bring myself to look at him.

Kian needs my help telling his girlfriend that he got a girl pregnant right before they started dating. Why does he need my help? I have nothing to do with him and he makes a mistake so suddenly he wants something to do with me? No, he can’t do that.

I was hurting too after we broke up, I still am. If he really wanted to he could have called me and talked to me and maybe we could have worked things out, but he didn’t. I would have called him, but he seemed so happy in all of his videos. He seemed like everything was alright so I had no reason to believe he wasn’t. But now that he’s gotten himself in a tight position, he wants my help. And to get it he decided that using our break up as an excuse will get him my help? I can’t even feel sorry for him.

I shake my head. Finally I speak up. “Sorry, Kian, but this is your problem, not mine.” I stand up, looking at him. He looks shocked at my response. “If you ever want to talk to me for any other reason but getting yourself into trouble that only you caused, give me a call. But I will not let you manipulate me into helping you like this. You got yourself into it; I’m not getting you out.”

With that, I walk away, anger the only thing that I feel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So there it is! Honestly, did anyone see that coming? If you did, dang you're good! 

so who remembers Emily? 

yeah, well she's back and shes going to be a part of this story. 

sorry it took me so long to update! 

Okay so i am having major writer's block for wake. let me know if you want to help! 

dont forget to vote and comment! 

xox -Delilah