5 - The Blackest Day: Part 1

I'm already ready to drag this kid's ass and I've only been here for about an hour.

He's such a prick.

I'm pissed off and I'm annoyed and my anger is only growing further and further with every second that passes by as I kneel in the dirt, ducking out of their sight. Minutes are passing by and they just sit there. Content. On that damn swinging bench on his front porch.

I will burn that bench. I am so tired of seeing them do the same thing on that bench every single day. It's like they want me to be able to watch them. Day after day, whenever I please.

I've gotten used to Eric's daily routine and it all consists of the same boring shit. He's dull. Bleak. Boring. What Rosalie sees in him— I have no idea.

I have found out a considerable amount of information about this kid though. He was born here in New York, August 21st. He was a straight A student, his school's Student Body Treasurer, he received an award for perfect attendance, he worked for the Yearbook, and he graduated with a 4.0 GPA. His mother gives him the money he lives off of, he loves The GAP, and in third grade he came down with pneumonia that almost killed him.

I wish it had.

The sound of Rosalie's laugh cuts me out of my thoughts. The chiming of her laughter distracts my anger momentarily and I focus on her.

She's sitting beside Eric with her legs crossed and her hands in her lap, looking beautiful, of course. She laughs at something he says to her. I wonder what he said that could get a reaction like that out of her. I can't stand that he can make her laugh like that.

Rosalie is so out of his league. She did the kid a favor by giving him a chance with her. He probably begged her to go out with him until she pitied him.

Beautiful women don't date men like Eric. Or they shouldn't anyway.

She always looks so beautiful, Rosalie, even when she doesn't even know I can see her. When she's alone, she's not really alone. I'm usually there.

I'm not so bored when I'm near her. That's why I find myself following her so often.

I can't wait to make this girl fall so helplessly in love with me that she can't control her own thoughts. It's my favorite thing to do.

She's different though. Rosalie is kinder than the others. She's more understanding of human emotions and she's smarter than the average woman.

That's why this is going to be so fun.

I gaze at her face from my spot in the trees. The setting sun's orange hue can't even overtake her beauty. It just makes her look better.

She really is such a pretty—

Bitch!

Fucking bitch!

Before I have time to process it, my nails are digging so deeply into my palm, I feel the sting of my flesh splitting open. All I can see is red.

I sit here in the dirt and I watch that deadbeat kid lean over and kiss Rosalie.

He fucking puts his hands on her shoulders and kisses her quickly.

Could he be any less romantic? And did he lose his will to live?

Because he's a dead man.

I'm going to kill him. I'm going to cut his throat out.

My spine heats up so quickly it feels like someone spilled hot coffee down my back. My teeth ache and I bite back a scream. I'm hot. Too hot. The voices are screaming at me to end him.

They want his blood.

And I do too.

Rose pulls away from him immediately.

My limbs are so tense I'm not sure I can move. I hear my own heartbeat in my ears.

An apology sputters from Eric's mouth.

He better be fucking sorry. He's about to regret crossing this line with me. Even though he unknowingly crossed it.

I stand immediately and brush off my jeans. My own crimson blood smears across my knees and hands. And I wish so badly that it was Eric's blood.

I can see it now. A blood bath. A vivid, gory picture races through my head.

That picture is what causes my body to jolt forward and exit the safety of the trees.

I hope you're ready, Eric.

Welcome to my world.

___

JANUARY 2021 UPDATE:

I always loved this chapter and the next part. It really sheds some light on how much of a good guy Zayn is 💖  We love him 💕

Lmfao. Faaaaanks for reading!!!

The storyline finally starts around these chapters and that's when the book gets good. I am so excited for everyone to read it again.

I love you all! How is everyone's new year so far?

Lo.