Chapter 1- Harry Styles

Start from the beginning

I blink in disbelief at the young, energetic girl. After a moment she runs back out, tossing me a bundle of clothes. I pause briefly in surprise and nod a thanks, walking back into my room. A pale pink cami and a brown, jean crop jacket lay in my arms. I sigh, pulling the new clothes over my head.

I rush out of the room, seeing Alice waiting for me. A head of hair has already disappeared down the stairs, out of view. Another boy who looks about my age jogs down the stairs after him. I can't fully see him but I catch a brief flicker of tousled blonde hair and broad shoulders. Alice giggles, taking my hand and pulling me down the stairs.

She leads me through the extravagant house and into a dining room. She plops down into a chair, patting the seat next to her. I slowly sit down, looking around the table. The other two boys sit across from us.

The blonde boy is watching me curiously with soft blue eyes. His hair is a little longer than a buzzcut and his skin deeply tanned from long hours of laboring in the sun.

The boy next to him only looks 13 or so. He has dark hair spilling across his forehead as he looks down with light brown eyes. I note to myself the table was made for six.

It's silent for a moment and Alice says excitedly "Okay. Everyone this is Julia!" I blush and wave a little.

The blonde boy smiles kindly, murmuring in a deep voice, a soft southern accent "Im Clayton.." He nudges the boy next to him with his elbow, a tiny smirk appealing on his face. The young boy looks up a little. "I'm Thomas.."

Alice smiles and asks cheerfully "How did you die?" Clayton's eyes flash to her and he scolds "Alice!"

She frowns deeply, looking down. "I just wanna know.." I swallow hard and brush my hair back. "Fire..." Alice frowns and Clayton reaches across the table and pats my hand with a little smile. I return the kind gesture and he explains quietly "I was in a car accident.. Thomas had cancer.. And Alice..was.." He pauses, rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, she was murdered.." I frown deeply, looking at all of them.

Alice shrugs.

"Laura and Tony are our 'parents.' You, me, Clayton, and Thomas are foster siblings." Alice grins brightly. Just then a woman with a long black braid walks in. She smiles, setting a platter of food on the table.

It's covered in fruits of all sorts and colors, bacon, eggs, and waffles. I smile slightly and look up at the woman. She smiles kindly, voice tinged with a Spanish accent.

"Hello, Julia. My name is Laura.. Welcome to the family..." I smile a little, blushing "Thank you.."

Laura speaks up again, voice hesitant. "Julia, everyone here is instructed to take on a new name... Even if you only wish to change your first name. In case someone from your previous life should question..." I pause a little and look around at all of them.

Clayton gives an encouraging smile and says softly, taking my hand again. Clayton explains quietly "Thomas' real name is Johnny, my first name was Marcus, and Alice was originally Mary Elisabeth. Laura told us we could choose her name... You can too. Is that alright?"

I nod a little, thinking. The first name that comes to mind is my mother's. "Diana..." I decide quietly, turning the name over in my mind. Diana Rose. It sounded like a name straight out of a fairytale.

I bite my lip nervously, asking with worry creeping into my voice "How will that get processed through the school records in time...?" Thomas speaks shyly, glancing up at Laura. "We don't know.. It just somehow does.." Clayton grins widely as if this simple oddity was the key to all happiness.

After a moment he laughs loudly and I can't help but smile. "Laura's name, we haven't the slightest clue. Probably wont tell us because it's some granny name." He snickered and Laura gave a quiet laugh, smacking him on the head with a spoon.

"Edith Applebottom." He teases, Laura rolling her eyes. "Someone's making their own dinner tonight." She teases back. Clayton laughs louder and Alice giggles slightly to my side. I crack a small smile at the scene before us. They clearly had no problem passing off as a family.

I wait as everyone serves food onto their plates that are on the table. I pause, taking an apple and nibbling on it. Their voices fade out to a hum as I stare off into space. Before I know it, my shoulder is in a rough grip, Clayton's voice snapping me out of my daze "We're gonna miss the bus!"

∘∞∘ ∘∞∘ ∘∞∘ ∘∞∘

I walk into the school, sliding closer to Clayton and Alice as I take in the vicious glares. New girl. Right. I look up to Clayton. "Do you know where Harry Styles is...?" I whisper. He grimaces. "You'll hear him before you see him.." I nod a little and look down at my schedule, following it's instructions to my locker.

I stick closely to the walls, avoiding the intruding eyes. I eventually find the locker and my hands have begun to shake so violently I have to start over on my combination. Finally I can keep the dial steady.

My eyes are trained on the lock and I mumble to myself "24..10..34.." I bite my lip, pulling up on the trigger. My locker clicks and I sigh, pulling it open.

Something feels off as I slowly push my backpack Laura gave me into the crammed metal room. A tiny gasp escapes me when the locker is slammed shut.

I jump backwards, hands flying up. Two warm points of pressure appear on my hips and I squeak, recognizing them as hands. I'm pulled backwards and I feel my a heat hovering behind my back. Slowly I look downwards, closing my eyes. I hear a soft chuckle in my ear and cool, minty breath washes across me.

A shiver runs down my spine and the person spins me around, backing me up against my locker. Goosebumps raise from the contact with the cold metal.

Slowly I open my eyes. I'm cowering into the lockers, a hand pressed on the walls on either side of my head, trapping me. I slowly look up to meet the persons face.

It's a boy.

Dark curls peek put from under a grey beanie. His face is angular, but also soft. His lips are full, a light shell pink. His eyes are a dull green, cold but dancing with amusement. The boy wears a skintight black tshirt, showing off a lean, defined torso.

Tattoos show from his deep collared shirt, and from under the edges of his sleeves. Hanging off of his neck is a metal paper-airplane on a silver chain. His arms are lean and tight, and I can see faint wiry muscles rippling under the tan skin.

He looks me over with a smirk. "I haven't seem you around here.." He murmurs in a low, curious voice. I swallow hard, hesitantly meeting his harsh eyes.

He chuckles, tucking a stray strand of hair behind my ear. "What's your name, babe.." I take a deep breath and straighten, saying bravely "Diana. My name is Diana."

He purses his lips with a small smile, biting the corner of his lip. Then a thought occurs to me. No. Oh, please no. He leans in closer, boldly meeting my eyes as he looms over me. Please don't be. No. He chuckles softly and murmurs with a small smile "My name is Harry.."

Crap.