Chapter 25

"Hello?" Sam answered the phone. "Hey," Said Carly. "Hey..." Sam hesitated responding. "Um...so how are you? It's been a while." Carly's voice was a little shaky. "Um, are you okay Carls?" Sam said, concerned. "No...I need to talk to you." Carly sniffled and went silent. "What's wrong?" Sam couldn't bear to hear Carly cry, even after a whole year of not hearing her voice and having her heart broken by her. "I just...missed you so much. I've been so confused on why I miss you the way I do. I never talked to you because I thought you hated me, but now I want to tell you that when I told you that I'd never feel the way you did for me...I only said that because I didn't want my father to hear me say that I do." Carly sobbed and Sam started to think about what she said. "So, you're ashamed...and you left without saying goodbye because of your father...?" Sam asked. "My father didn't even let me say goodbye to Spencer or Freddie..." She said. Sam frowned and understood. "Oh, okay." Sam said. Carly stopped crying and said "the truth is that I really do love you..." Sam was speechless, but reminded herself about how much she had loved Cat. "Well it's too late. I have someone else now. You had your chance" Sam said and hung up the phone, tears welling up in her eyes.