Chapter- 5

Sarah's POV

I had to go to the devil's own kingdom unwillingly. I was in desperate need of a job and this seemed like the only way.

It would be a lie if I said that I didn't practice a pretend conversation in front of the mirror today. I was here for a job which I so persistently refused, embarrassment was inevitable.

As I mentally prepared myself, a woman in extra short skirt and an extra tight blouse with extra amount of makeup on her face walked over to where I was sitting clicking her extra tall heels.

"I am sorry, but Mr. William has said that he doesn't know anyone named Sarah Blair."

That was the worst thing that bastard could do. I can't even believe he can stoop down so low. I rushed out of the office and decided on never seeing his face again.

****

Ethan's POV

Its been a week since I offered Sarah the job. And I don't like waiting. I have ensured that none of the top companies employ her so that she has no other choice but to work for me. I know it was pretty selfish of me to do so, but my company is known to employ only the best. And according to her, she was the best personal assistant anyone could have. And maybe by employing her I could also have the pleasure of her company.

"So, I have already ensured that you don't have any plans on Tuesday as you have to attend a meeting with Mrs. James but I was not sure if I had to cancel your business trip to London next month as you didn't quite clearly state that you no longer wanted to go there." My current secretary Kendra stated. I couldn't help but get angry at her cluelessness.

"I said I wasn't interested anymore. Does that clear your doubts?" I replied rather harshly.

"Yes, Sir. I will cancel the trip right now." She replied intimidated. Something about others feeling scared of me made me feel powerful. It satisfied me. I had always thought of it as a great feeling. Until that party. Sarah not being scared of me didn't irritate me like it should have. It amused me.

"Did you get any calls from Ms. Blair?" I asked my secretary.

"No, Sir. But she did come to see you in the office today morning. I told her to come later as you were with your dad discussing business plans". She said unaware of the sin that she had just done.

"You can go call her and tell her to meet me anytime today. And consider it your last day in the office." I can't believe she told Sarah to wait. I don't even care that I was too harsh on her.

****

Sarah's POV

It was very considerate of Alice to stop by my house. She is the only one who can brighten up my mood on a sad day. With Alice, a chick flick marathon, pizza and ice-cream, I had already started feeling better. But my happiness didn't last long as I received an email from the devil himself.

You could have waited for sometime knowing that I was in a meeting. It wasn't responsible behavior.

Anyways, you can join from tomorrow morning at 8. I have to meet up with an important business partner at Skylark hotel. Be there.

What the heck? He says he doesn't even know me and then he asks me to work for him? He seriously is bipolar.

"Alice, have a look at this!" I call out for my friend who was in the kitchen trying to cook dinner. More like trying to burn the house.

"Coming! Just tell me if you have to boil eggs, do you put the eggs first in the pan or the water?" she replies.

"Kindly put off your eccentric culinary skills for some time and get your butt in here."

"Okay. Okay. Jeez, what's the issue?"

"I got an email from him." I say, confusion evident in my voice. I show her the mail.

"Sarah, did he tell you himself that he doesn't remember you?" Alice asks.

"Not technically. A lady in the office did." I say.

"Well then, Sarah, I guess our devil might not be that big of a dickhead as we had assumed him to be." She says with a smirk. Confusing me even more now.

"What do you mean?" I ask still clueless.

"What I mean is the lady wouldn't just have been any employ in the office, if she answered you when you asked for Mr. William. She must have been his personal assistant. And I don't think she would have entertained the idea of you taking her job. So, that sly woman just made something up."

And in that moment Alice seemed so smart and intelligent that I questioned the entire existence of my brain.

"So, Sarah, get your cute little butt to the hotel tomorrow and show him what a truly talented personal assistant can do." She says, bringing me out of my thoughts.

****

I am an hour early as I am well aware of Mr. William and his short temper. I am sitting in the reception of the hotel and I am more than impressed when seeing the luxe interior of the hotel. As I am observing the grand chandelier hanging from the ceiling I feel a gentle tap on my shoulder.

"Ms. Blair?" a man in suit asks.

"Yes."I reply courteously.

"Mr William has called for you in the penthouse." 

"And he also wants you to have this file." He adds handing me a navy blue file.

"Okay." I smile. I take the elevator and begin reading the file. It has a brief summary of William Enterprises and the major business deals and transactions of the past few months. It also has a list of business partners and even the amount of my monthly salary. Which is huge!

As I reach the penthouse, I come out of the elevator with my eyes still glued to the documents in front of me. I come back to my senses as I collide with someone.

I look back to see the same smirk that I hate.

"Now, Mr. Blair. Your inability to see while you walk really disappoints me. I mean, it doesn't really help with the whole 'best personal assistant anyone can ever have thing'." He says with that smug smirk still plastered to his face which I truly abhor.

"With all due respect sir, I feel that it's a little judgmental of you to decide how I am based on two meetings. Anyway, I am here to do my job; so I prefer it if we leave this conversation here." I say with a fake smile. It's the fakest I can manage and I hope he understands its fakeness too. 

And with that I knew I worked for a man I hated and he knew that too. 

****

A/N 

Hey Everyone!! I am reeeaalllyy sorry for the late update. I had all these high school projects and stuff (hate school) but I promise to update early from now on. (pinky promise). Please keep on voting and reading as it means a lot to me.