Chapter-1

Sarah's POV

I woke up at 5 today as I had to reach my office early. Mr. Anderson or my boss happens to be the sweetest person I know of and my current job as his personal assistant is a great job. I have been working for his company for two years now but never have I ever been this nervous of anything in general.

Tomorrow a grand event is to be held in celebration of our company's collaboration with William Enterprises for a project. The problem is that Mr. Anderson is off to some business trip today and will be back by tomorrow morning. So, I have to manage all the preparations for the program.

I finish getting ready and reach the office by 6:00 and am greeted by my extremely nervous looking best friend Alice who jumps at the mere sight of me.

"What is it Alice?" I ask frantically.

"It's a disaster Sarah. We have beige drapes but not beige tablecloth. The event will be a disaster!" she says in a gloomy state.

"Oh my god Alice, you scared me. I thought it was something bad." I say relieved.

"It is BAD!" she replies.

"Okay. Okay. No need to shout. I will figure something out. Although, Alice I don't think anyone will notice the color of the drapes or tablecloth. Its an event for businessmen not fashion designers." I say in an attempt to pacify her.

"But Sarah, if Mr. Anderson trusts you enough to give you such a big job; don't you think you should impress him with your impeccable management skills?"

"Well as far as my management skills go; I work for Anderson Corporations not for Vogue. Now if you will excuse me, I need to do my job or else I will get my ass fired." I replied.

"Oh Sarah, Mr. Anderson can never fire you, you are his favorite."

"Yeah, I know. It was rhetorical." I replied with a smirk.

****

As I am finished with everything; I get a call from Mr. Anderson.

"Hello Mr. Anderson, I have done all the preparations. How was the meeting?"

"Sarah, did you give the copy of contract to Mr. William as I said?"

"Um...He wasn't in his office that day so I gave it to his personal assistant. So technically, I didn't give it to him but if he didn't get it, its his assistant's fau.."

"Sarah, how could you? I got a call from Mr. William himself and he said that he didn't get his copy of contract and so he wont be coming to the event tomorrow. Do you understand how much of a humiliation it would be?"

"I understand sir. But you see it was his assistant's job to..."

"What is done is done. Now I want you to get another copy as soon as possible and give it to Mr. William himself."

"But Mr. Anderson, don't you think its late. I will ensure that he receives it tomorrow morning."

"Mr. William has said if he doesn't receive the file within an hour's time, he would not bother to sign another contract with our company. Ever."

"An hour?"

"Yes. Are you incapable of doing this? If so, then I... am afraid I would have to take strict action."

"No. I mean yes. I am capable of doing it Sir. I wont let you down I promise."

"Don't make me do something we wont want Sarah"

****

"Hey, Alice. I need you to tell me where can I find Mr. William? Its kind of urgent and..."

"Hold up. Sarah, you do realize that you are spoiling my sexy time right now. Right?"

"Ugh.. you did not need to tell me that. And please, I need to give the contract papers to that clot or I am in deep trouble"

"What? Now? Cant you mail it to him or something? We live in the 24th century for god sakes."

"21st century". I sighed. " and no I cant just mail it. I thought of that but Mr Anderson said and I quote- "Mr. William is not just someone you can disagree with. When he said that he likes deals done on paper, he means it."

I say trying to sound like him.

"Okay. Fine. I will let you know where you can find that dickhead."