5- Young Grasshopper

Our first week at school had finished and Kade and I were walking home together. It was a long walk, but we decided to do it anyway.

"How was your first week overall?" I asked Kade.

"Yeah, it was good, I like that we're in all the same classes."

"What was your favourite part of the week?"

He chuckled, "Definitely when you roasted that guy-Dillan- in front of the whole class. That was golden, I should have videod that-" he paused to laugh and swipe fake tears from under his eyes, "-I have taught you well young grasshopper, your sass levels are growing." He finished, fake bowing.

"You're such an idiot." I pushed his shoulder gently.

"Only because I learnt from the best," He paused dramatically, "You!" He shouted laughing.

"Yeah, yeah. Ha. Ha. Hilarious." I drawled sarcastically.

"Anyways, how was your day?" He changed the topic.

"Yeah, I like it here. I love the dance program here, it's way better than Lockwood." I exclaimed.

"Yeah, I wouldn't know because I didn't do dance there." Kade said laughing.

"Yeah, because you're a chicken and you said and I quote 'I don't want people to look at me different, they'll all make fun of me'." I said lowering my voice to imitate him.

Kade chuckled in response.

"Yeah, yeah. Mock me all you want, you know I can just tell your mum you got detention on the first day and I don't think she'll be very happy!" He threatened.

"Woah, woaaaah. When did you get so intimidating?" I raised my perfectly plucked right eyebrow.

"You know, since Lane and Lace moved back in with us yesterday and I had to fight for my belongings." He mumbled.

Lane and Lace were Kade's brother and sister-twins. They're the same age as Caylum and he used to have a massive crush on Lace, it was pretty funny.

"Didn't they move to Melbourne three years ago?" I asked.

That's why I said Caylum 'used to' have a crush on Lace, she moved away with Lane to Melbourne and we haven't seen them for three years. They were both like siblings to me-hopefully time won't change a thing.

"Yeah, but they just finished their Uni courses and wanted to come home and look for a job here. By the way, neither of them know about that." Kade informed.

I could only reply with a sharp nod of my head, I was thinking too much.

How am I supposed to tell them?

What if they don't forgive me?

I don't think I'm ready to tell them.

It was all so complicated.

"Can I see them?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah! They've been asking me about you." Kade replied scratching the back of his neck.

I know he's hiding something from me because of the fact that he scratches the back of his neck when he's leaving something out.

"What are you not telling me?" I question suspiciously.

"You'll find out sooner or later." He gives me a lopsided smile.

"Do you think they'll be mad at me because of, you know..." I trail off, thinking.