“Fine,” I say.

            Coda hands me a pair of sweats and a T-shirt, never looking at me.

            I take the clothes sullenly, disliking the way he avoided my gaze.

            “I’ll let you change,” he says, quickly leaving the room and shutting the door.

            I heave a heavy sigh, feeling idiotic. Of course he would react this way.

            Wouldn’t you?

            I kick off my wet jeans and shirt, puling on his sweats and shirt. There was nothing I could do about the wet undergarments but just changing into warm clothes made me feel slightly warmer.

            I throw my clothes into the washer and slam the top cover shut.

            “You can come-,” I say, propping the door open. I freeze, my eyes widening.

            Coda has his back to me, in the midst of pulling off his shirt to change.

            “Sorry,” I mutter, slamming the door shut again and leaning against it.

            My cheeks burn in embarrassment and I try to erase the image of his back muscles contracting from my mind.

            “Hey, you don’t have to be so embar-“ I hear Coda say before he pulls the door open. Immediately, I lose my balance, falling back as the door moves backwards.

            If Coda were a gentleman, I wouldn’t have landed on my butt. If Coda were a gentleman, I would’ve landed in his arms without a massive bruise on my butt.

            I hit the ground hard, my butt immediately screaming with pain.

            I suck in a sharp breath, shocked to say the least that I was on the ground.

            I look up at Coda to see a surprised look on his face, his wet shirt clenched in his fingers.

            -And then he’s laughing.

            He laughs so hard, he has to lean against the door still to be able to support himself.

            I glower at him, my cheeks burning a furious red. As I get up, my body aches in protest and I can already tell I’ll have a very hard to explain bruise on my butt.

            Gingerly standing up, I dust myself off.

            “Idiot,” I mutter, snatching his wet clothes from his hands and hobbling over to the washer.

            I tried to walk normally, I really did, but I couldn’t. I’m pretty sure that’s why Coda broke out in a fresh new wave of laughter as he watched me waddle across the room.

            Tossing his clothes in and slamming the cover shut, I bite my lip, trying not to smile at his laughter.

            There was something different about this laughter. It wasn’t sarcastic, humorless, or even his normal laugh- it was open, sincere and just plain funny.

            “Only you can do something like that,” Coda chuckles, brushing past me, his lips by my ear.

            I bristle at his touch, my cheeks flaming up again.