2. Snowball Nipples and Victorian Women

Chapter 2

Cover to the side made by isasecret

~*~

            You know something has gone terribly wrong if you feel someone's arm wrapped around you.

            Maybe it's not a warning sign for anyone, but I haven't had anyone hug me like that aside from my family-and they did not feel like this person hugging me.

            Stirring awake, my eyes flicker open and I stare into hazel colored eyes. My eyes trail down his strong, prominent jaw, tan skin and dark hair, lingering on his soft lips.

            His arms tighten around me and I blink, snapping to my senses.

            The armrest digs awkwardly into my thigh as I sit on his lap, his towering frame looming over me and nearly touching the roof of my tiny car.

            I squeak, my eyes widening.

            What just happened.

            I open my mouth, gaping and he stares at me cautiously, his hands sliding down to hold me down by the waist.

            "What are you- oh my gosh-" I begin to panic, anxiety rolling in quick as I scramble around, a mess of tangled limbs and my small car resulting in a lot of grunts of pain as I elbow him in the face.

            "Will you stop!" he grunts, grabbing me.

            I elbow him the gut on reflex and feel the passenger door open, my clothes caught on the handle.

            Screaming, I feel myself tilt violently as I sidle off of his lap,  my face approaching hard ground fast as I feel the sharp cold bite into my skin.

            And then it stops.

            Everything stops.

            I stop breathing, moving, and screaming. I am suspended in the air, my nose brushing the asphalt, my hands thrown out as I am half out of the car.

            Feeling his hard grip on the back of my clothes, he yanks hard and I am flung back into the car, my head smacking the seat as I land on him again.

            "ow," I moan, rubbing my nose as he pinches the bridge of his nose, breathing deep. His eyes are shut, his arms loosely on my body.

            Oh oh, that was never a good sign.

            "er...thanks for saving me from a nasty fall to my nose..." I trail off, twiddling my fingers.

            Ignoring me, he opens his eyes, grabbing my waist and to literally slide me off onto the passenger seat as he gets out.

            Huffing, I blow my hair away from my face.

            "Didn't your mama ever tell you not to man handle a girl?" I call out angrily as he slams my door shut, making his way around the car to slip into the driver's seat.

            Slamming his door so hard, my car shakes he continues to ignore me, holding his hand out to me.

            I stare at it, my cheeks warming.

            Do i.... poke it...

            "give me the keys," he says in a monotone, his jaw clenched. Wow, he was really attractive...