-7-

Trin's P.O.V.

"It seems to be true," Kat whispered as we ate lunch in the corner of the cafeteria "her name is Joyce Moore and I guess she is the soon to be mate of Drake."

"That is good news," I smiled, it was like music to my ears, to hear her confirm this information "so that means I don't have to attend the ceremony, right?"

"You still do," she trailed off, sounding as if her mind was on something else "but I'm trying to figure out why he choose her instead of you or one of the others."

"Huh?"

"You have your mark, and the others come from money or status. This girl was adopted into a house, and don't really have anything to offer unless she's good with household course and sex. He just passing you up when you have something more valuable than what any of them can offer up."

"Well, I'm just glad it is NOT me, I can finally sleep without worrying," I told her honestly.

"I guess but you not a little bit curious to why he picked her," she asked rising an eyebrow at me.

"Nope," popping the 'p' as I shrugged my shoulders carelessly though I was just a little bit curious but I didn't want her to know that, she probably run it in the ground or think it was for some other reason "I'm just happy after tonight I be home free all of this, and this will be just a passing bad dream."

"I guess," she said in an unsettling tone before continue to eat her lunch.

I knew she might be on to something to just pass up on someone with the mark, and I had to admit it was weird to be let off the hook. It makes you wonder if they have a hidden agenda.

"Okay, if there was a reason for letting me off the hook what would it be?"

"I don't know, it could be many reason," she said tapping her bottom lip "I can only find out so much at a time. My father doesn't want me to be too involved with pack affairs."

Suddenly the bell rung, letting us know that lunch is over and to head to our next class. I let out a little groan as I stood up. The time was finally here that I had to go to his class and allow him to teach me. From what I been hearing everybody likes his teaching. The girls like it because he's built like a damn god, not that I actually notice I'm going by what they say. And, the guys like him because they picture themselves as this cocky, musclebound womanizing of a man.

"Maybe it will go by fast."

"Yeah right, time will seem slow as hell in that class," I told her as we exit the cafeteria, the one day I wish we had the same class but she had biology while I had to go to AP Hell with satan himself teaching the class.

"Let me know how it goes," she waved before headed in the opposite direction "just please don't get in too much trouble."

"I will try," I groan as I turn and head towards the gymnasium.

In front of the gymnasium doors stood the class waiting for no other than the teacher. For some reason I couldn't help but laugh at the situation.

"And, this is what a so called teacher do, have their students waiting in the hallway," I crossed my arms and lean against the locker away from the rest of the class "I wonder if I should just skip this damn class."

"And then I have to report you the office," whispered a deep voice that sent chills down, I quickly react turning to hit him straight in him face "you bastard!"

"Too slow and I think it is a crime to hit a teacher," he said, catching my fist with ease, and a smirk across his face. Seconds later he turn me around, my back pressing against his firms chest and abs, "but I let it slide just this once."