-6-

Trin's P.O.V

"I can't believe they invited him to dinner, out of all the people in this pack," I growled, slamming my door with force making the windows rattle. Kat made her way to my bed and sat, looking at me with worry eyes "how can they be oaky with me being with someone like him?"

I personally could not believe how my parents were so open arms to a man they barely knew of. How can they have talked about my childhood? He did not need to know that I played Juliet in a middle school play or how I sing in the shower, or how I like a cook. They did not help my chances for not being pick. His words still lingering in my head, breaking my rebel ways.

Did he really meant what he said or was just trying to scared me? If so, he did a damn good job doing it, I can't see myself submitting to no one. That was not the type of have plan for myself.

"Well, in our community they want their child to be safe, I guess," trailing off on the last two words sounding depress and hollow. She then look at me with a faint smile.

"What is wrong?" sitting on the bed next to her "and don't say nothing wrong because I know you."

"I got a phone call from my father when you two were up here. Normally creating a new house would take several months but pack has been working around the clock. He has till the next moon to choose one of the candidates to be his mate. Our alpha wants to start expanding the pack's territory north of here, and want Drake to govern that area."

"WHAT," quickly counting on my figures "the next moon is in two days!"

"I know, he picked his staff and they already been approved by the alpha."

"We have to go somewhere," I told her pulling her in tow, as I rushed out my room, down the stairs and out the front door.

"Where are we going?"

"Just come with me," I groaned.

_

It didn't take us long to get to the one place I hope I didn't need to go, but I need her help. I hope she could give me some kind information to stop him from picking me. 

"Where are we?"

"His bitch of a girlfriend's place," I told her before knocking on the door "if there is any way out of this she should least have some idea of what to do. "

"WHO IS IT" she yelled as she opens the door, her eyes narrowed when they landed on me "that the hell do you want?"

"This is how you treat guest?"

"Trin!" Kat snapped.

"Fine," rolling my eyes "I need your help."

"Oh, really?" her smile sent a cold chill down my back. She lean against the door frame with her arms folded over her chest "and why would I help you, you took my man from me."

"Hey now, I didn't take nothing from no one," waving my finger at her "I'm trying to get out of it."

"You are?" she raised an eyebrow at me "why," she asked.

"Because I like my life," I told her being as honest as I can "and the future I want don't have Drake in it. Now you must know something that can help me to keep him from picking me."

"Picking you?" she laughed.

"How is this funny," Kat growled placing a hand on her hip.

"Because Drake is not picking your friend here," pointing at me "Drake picked some girl from the pack's third household, they were going over paperwork yesterday. The girl seems decent."