There's certain situations where I know I'm losing a battle. I can tell that no matter what I say, the two most annoying people in my life will ultimately get what they want.

Usually, I manage to put up more of a fight. Tonight though, Frankie wasn't completely wrong. Between work, school and not having my car, I've been in need of something to calm my nerves. A party wasn't a bad idea. And they have quite a bit of those.

"I'll take one of your chores for a week. And Phoenix will buy us Starbucks before class whenever you want until your car is back." Phoenix starts to protest, but the pinch Frankie gives him is lethal.

"Don't fucking assault the driver, Francesca." He grumbles.

I let my lips tip up before looking at her pleading face one more time. With a huff, i relent. "Fine. But if your ends of the deal aren't upheld, I will make it all of our problems."

Frankie squeals, wrapping an arm around me haphazardly from the backseat. Phoenix is pulling into our complex seconds later, turning to me with a wicked smile.

"There's only one condition, little brother." I eye him wearily. "We have to get absolutely hammered."

***

There's a sway to my step as we walk into the party. The music is so loud I can feel my brain reverberate around my skull. There's people everywhere; hanging around the bar in the kitchen, dancing on the tables, sitting on the stairs. It's a sea of bodies I'll have to become real acquainted with very soon.

They've pushed all the couches to the far side of the vast living room, clearing space for a makeshift dance floor that is most definitely being put to use.

I don't have any more time to observe the scene because Frankie is dragging me to get a drink, Phoenix disappearing behind us as he greets every fucking person in the world.

I roll my eyes. Sometimes I forget that my brother happens to be known as this ultra talented soccer star on campus. Even though he'd been playing all his life and had ultimately gotten to school because of the sport, it was hard to see him playing as anything other than just Phoenix. It was just apart of him to me.

I'm shaken out of my thoughts by a shot glass being thrusted into my hands. Frankie is looking at me with wide eyes, cheeks flushed and smile wide. Between the alcohol already in my system and how beautiful she looks, I can't do anything more than smile in return.

Phoenix is suddenly back at my side, slinging an arm over my shoulder while his other hand has a shot as well. I'm about to lift my glass when I see who's beside him.

"Theodore," Ace greets, lips turned in a slight smirk. "how's my favorite nudist doing?"

I repress the urge to knock the solo cup he's holding in his face. My best friend pours him a shot of his own. "Ace! How's my least favorite jackass?"

He chuckles, eyes never leaving me. "Into rewriting history, are we?"

Before I can retort, Frankie rolls her eyes and speaks. "Alright, cut the flirting please." She lifts her shot. "To getting entirely too fucked up tonight!"

Phoenix cheers as we clink glasses, tap the counter and then throw them back. I gag almost immediately, eyes narrowing. "You guys know I fucking hate tequila."

"Oh lighten up, Theo!" Phoenix pulls away from me to grab us both a seltzer from a small cooler. "The night is young, we are drunk and the music is good. No room for hate."

I eye his friend. "There's always room for hate in my life."

Ace smirks, but doesn't reply. Frankie pulls me to the heart of the dance floor, absolutely enamored with the song playing.