six, higher than a kite

══〖〗══

✲══〖✰〗══✲

⋆★⋆

February 12, 2007 . . .

"WOMAN TROUBLES, ARDEN?"

Bailey looked up from her paperwork to see Anna sitting doubled over, clutching her stomach in pain with a bottle of Pepto Bismol sitting beside her. The brunette groaned as her eyes met Bailey's and shook her head, "Men troubles. I think this dating two guys thing is getting to me. The stress of it at least. Finn, Derek, Derek, Finn. I think I'm getting an ulcer."

Cristina, who had just been paged by Bailey, gave her a confused glance, "McDreamy and the vet are making you sick?"

"I just need to make a choice and get it over with," Anna sighed, picking up the bubblegum pink bottle and an empty chart. "Tell Grey to meet me in room 307 for a consult. I need to lay down for a bit."

She began to walk towards an on-call room before Derek caught her in his grasp, smiling at her, "Dr. Arden, I'm clipping a basilar tip aneurysm on a twelve-year old today. Any interest —"

Derek paused as he watched Addison walk towards Bailey, briefly making eye contact with him. From what Derek had drunkenly told Anna last week, Addison found another woman's underwear in Derek's lab coat and they hadn't talked since. Derek knew that they were Anna's, but told Addison they were some random woman's he had hooked up with. Needless to say, Derek and Addison were now filing for a divorce.

"Dr. Bailey, can I get —" Addison trailed off as she looked into the distance, seeing Mark talking with Richard. "Oh, my God."

Derek followed her gaze and his eyes widened, "Oh, my God."

"Oh, my God," Anna groaned in pain, clutching her stomach as she looked up towards the stairs.

"Is that —" George sputtered out.

"McSteamy," Cristina finished for him as Anna threw up onto the floor.

"Arden?" Bailey questioned as she ran over to the sick attending, watching as Anna's face paled more and more. Among the chaos, George pushed his way through the nurses crowding Anna, seeing as his patient was about to light a cigarette, "No, Mr. Sullivan, don't light that!" But he was too late as the top half of his patient's body was already aflame.

"Somebody get a fire extinguisher!" Derek yelled out. "And call a code red!"

⋆★⋆

Anna watched as Bailey took Mr. Sullivan up to CT, hiding behind the wall as Mark walked away from the resident. She sighed and leaned against the nurse's station before Derek took her in his arms, placing a hand against her forehead, "You're burning up."