two, meet the ardens

══〖〗══

✲══〖✰〗══✲

⋆★⋆

October 31, 2006 . . .

HONESTLY, WHAT A great way to wake up; next to a guy Anna did want to sleep with. Unlike the previous morning, she wasn't frantically trying to wake him, as she remembered everything that happened last night, and who she was with.

However, Anna still tried to wake Derek because they had to work in less than half an hour.

"Derek!" Anna started to shake the sleeping man, continuously calling his name. "Wake up, we have a shift!" And he woke with a start, but relaxed as soon as he saw her, "Can't we just call in?"

Anna's eyes widened in shock and she slapped him on the bicep, "Derek, it's only my second day on the job, and frankly, I'd like to keep it."

"It was just an idea," Derek shrugged nonchalantly, groaning as he shifted onto his back. "Your bed is way more comfortable than mine. Is it memory foam?"

"Derek!" Anna exclaimed, hitting him again. "When I get out of the shower, you better be up."

Derek perked up at her words, "Shower? Can I join?"

"Yes," Anna groaned, tossing him a spare towel from her cabinet. "But no shower sex . . . this time. We'd be even more late than we'll still probably be."

⋆★⋆

"Okay," Anna clasped her hands together, looking at the group of interns in front of her, along with their resident. "I managed to pull you guys away from Dr. Shepherd's service today because your resident agreed that you've all been on Neuro way too much. Obviously, I'm far from Neuro, but Peds and Neonatal incorporates almost everything. Moving on, if I hear anyone complaining that you don't like this because "babies and kids are boring," I'll personally assign you to bedpans every time you're on my service. Understood?"

The group around her slowly nodded their heads and Anna smiled, "Good! I have rules, just like your resident probably does, and I suggest you follow along closely. One, show everyone respect, especially the nurses. Just because you may be doctors now, it doesn't mean you'll get anymore respect. You get respect in your actions you put forth, and you have to earn it. If I didn't know any better I'd still think you're all teenagers by the way you walk around and act. Two, don't even bother sticking up to me, I can see it in your eyes. I'm not here to be your friend, I'm here to be a mentor. If I think you're cool, I'll tell you you're cool. Three, if you don't know, please ask. So please, just don't be stupid, and don't ask stupid questions. Four, if you know you're not going to remember something, write it down, or any other method you have of memorizing something. Lastly, if you see me move, you move. Got it?"