⊲|Chapter:8 'WHERE DID YOU HIT YOUR HEAD?!'|⊳

Start from the beginning

As if that wasn't enough, there were some more on the corner wall that caught my eye later. Suddenly somebody's cold hand touched my forehead and I shivered. "Oh god! How are you even standing. You have such high fever Sophia! Go lie down on the bed!" Carter's Mom demanded and ran out of the room.

Taking off my shoes I laid on his bed and waited for Carter's mother to arrive. It was so awkward. I mean never in a million years I thought that I would be in Carter's bed. In Carter Reece's bed. In his freaking bed!

His mother came instantly, followed by Carter who had the most irritated look on his face. His hands were inside his pockets and he stood beside his room's door.

He doesn't want you to lie on his bed Sophie. Remember? People hate you?

With that thought in my mind I sat up but just as I did, Carter shouted. Involuntary just as I heard him shout, my eyes blinked several times. "Just lay down you idiot!" And then my friends, I went back to my previous position.

"Behave, Carter!" His mother scolded, glancing sideways at her son, as she examined me. "My! It's 104! How did it get so high? Didn't you take any medicine?"

She didn't let me reply and spoke again, "Carter! Bring water please." Carter went out and I sighed. Time passed and I couldn't help but stare at her. Her beautiful features were envy worthy. I knew she would be pretty just by glancing at Carter.

"So? Are you mute then?" His mother asked as she took out two tablets for me. "No."

"Haha! Well, my name is Mary." She passed me a pretty smile. "I'm Sophia!" I told her trying to be a little vocal. It wasn't like I wasn't willing to speak but it was just that my throat hurt, really bad.

"Oh, I know. But Sophia, tell me did you hit your head somewhere? I mean the symptoms are showing that." I shook my head. "Are you a doctor?" I was scared, she'd catch my lie.

"Yeah.How did you know? Carter told you?"

"No. Yesterday,-"I stopped abruptly. Stop telling your stories to her Sophia! "What?" Mary asked. "Uh-nothing."

She stood up. "I don't know what's taking Carter so long?! I'll bring water for you."

After swallowing those tablets I tried to sit up. It was almost evening. But before I could even try Mary towered above me. "Okay. You must sleep now. I don't know how are you even awake?" She smiled a little spreading the blanket over me. I had no energy to argue and so I snuggled inside the blanket.

She left the room and just a second later the door opened again. As difficult as it was, I shot opened my eyes and sat up straight.

"Cc-cCarter?"

"Yyy-yyyyeee-yyyesss! Cccccc-cccc-chhhchhh-chhh-cccchhhc-Carter!" He copied me.

Do I stammer that much??

"I need to c-call-"

"I informed your parents that you are with a friend." I had a desire to tell him, my parents are invisible but I kept quiet.

"So, where did you hit your head?" He asked as he sat on the side of the bed. "I didn't h-h-h-hit-" He cut me off.

"You did!" He slowly said.