Chapter 18

Chapter 18 – Edited by TheNightSky

Zen opened up his personal e-mail and saw nearly 20 e-mails from Scha. DELETE THEM!! His mind told him but his heart hesitated. Even his hand was reluctant to move the mouse to the delete button and as if moving on its own, it went to the open mail button instead.

It opened up the first mail send by Scha, “Hey my darling friend? Have you taken your lunch?” Zen twisted his lips. She only asked that? And this time she’s used the word “Darling”.

“Hmm,” he twitched his lips and talking to himself at the same time. It’s not what he expected her to say. He opened up another e-mail and another and another. Most of it was asking what’s he’s doing, where has he been, how was his day, how she missed his poems, how she missed him and blah, blah, blah but none of it was about Jeff. Not a single one.

“Hmm, that’s a surprise,” he said out loud resting his hands on the back of his head. “She didn’t write one bit about him but kept on writing about missing me. Did she really miss me?”

He smiled, Scha missed him. She missed this anonymous friend of hers. He chuckled happily. Even though Scha did not really miss him but missing “Mr Anonymous”, he felt happy and glad. At least she’s missing a part of him. Maybe he should remain as Mr Anonymous and that way he could release his longing for her. They could avoid seeing and talking to each other but they would still communicate. He could still find out how her day was, what she’s been doing and whom she’s gone out with. Scha was never good in hiding things from people. She’s been telling everything about her to him even though she doesn’t know who he is.

Chuckling, happy with his decision he opened her latest e-mail to him which read, “Hi my darling friend. Where have you been? Please write some more beautiful and romantic poems to me again. I’ve missed it. I have missed it so much. If your girl didn’t like to read it let her be. Write one for me please. I’m begging you. You’re not going to let me down, are you? Please, I’m waiting. By the way since I’m not good in writing any poems and stuff I’m dedicating this song to you. It’s my favourite. Title of the song is ‘My Wish’ by Rascal Flatts. Listen to the lyrics carefully because it is what is implied in my heart. Love you and miss you always – Scha.”

Scha is dedicating a song to him? He asked himself. Is Scha really dedicating a song to him? He asked himself again and again and shaking his head still unable to believe it. He quickly downloaded the song and listened to lyrics with full concentration. Listening to every word of the lyrics just like Scha told him to.

God, is she trying to tell him something? Is she trying to hint something to him? Is she trying to tell him how she really felt towards him? Does she have some feelings towards him? Is she falling in love with him? Is he the one that she said she’s in love with and yearning for? Zen was stunned at this realisation.

Is all this really true? What if this is just his illusion? What if she didn’t mean a thing? What if it just a friendship e-mail from her? She used to read his poems and she did say that she missed his poems.

“But she did tell me that she missed me in one of her e-mails,” talking to himself. “AND this time she ended her e-mail with I love you.”

Zen stared at the e-mail and read it over and over again. He needs to find out how she really feels towards him. Find out whether she started to fall for him. Find out whether he is the one she’s talking about or not. Yeah, he needs to do that, he told himself.

“But what if she didn’t mean a thing?” Zen asked himself. He’s going to be hurt again if she doesn’t. He will be hurt twice, he reminded himself feeling hesitant with his decision.

He sighed, “But if I don’t find out I wouldn’t know what she mean,” he said to himself and started to think again.

“Well, whatever will be will be,” he said loudly and press on the reply button. He has made his decision. He’s going to stay as her online friend until he finds out the truth about her feelings. Once he’s confidence with her feelings whether she’s in love with him or not, he will eventually reveal to her the truth.

He began to type, “Hello Scha my friend. I’m sorry I haven’t replied to any of your e-mails and comments lately. I’m going through a heart break. The girl I’m in love with doesn’t seem to love me back. She’s in love with someone else. I’ve been trying to treat this broken heart and I haven’t been writing any poems at all. I just haven’t had any inspiration or the heart to write them anymore.”

Pressing the send button he smiled, “Hmm, let see what would be her reply,” telling himself out loud.

***

Scha was lying on her bed watching TV. Her eyes might be looking at the TV but her mind was actually drifting thinking about Zen. She missed him. She missed Zen. She didn't see him the whole day today. She had purposefully made herself busy by meeting with clients the whole day but she couldn't stop thinking about Zen. Thinking about what is he doing? How is he today? Is he still sad and hurt?

She been holding her phone and she actually itched to call Zen and talk to him, asking about his day like she normally did, but she was scared that if he heard her voice he would feel the hurt again. She had to let him be for a while, her mind told her. It's the best for them.

Scha nearly jumped off her bed when the phone she was holding suddenly let out a signal indicating an e-mail was received. She immediately opened her mail icon and saw an incoming e-mail coming from HIM. She is so excited that she finally received an e-mail from him. What a good timing she told herself. It was just the thing she needed to get her mind off Zen right now and his e-mail would really help.

She took her laptop and immediately opened her mail and read what he had responded. Just as she thought, he is heartbroken. That stupid girl doesn’t love him.

“Hah,” she let out a relieved sigh, “That’s a good sign,” she chuckled, “You are so bad Scha,” and hit herself. She laughed, she’s happy that the girl rejected him. This will give her a chance to prove to him that she is much better than that stupid girl. She will take her time to hinting to him how she really feels toward him.

Eagerly she responds to his e-mail, “Hi, my darling friend. So glad you finally replied to my e-mails. You don’t know how much I missed you and worried about you. Aww, I’m so sorry to know about your heartbreak. Maybe she just not meant for you. Maybe there’s someone else out there better than her for you. She’s blind and a dork for rejecting you. Forget about her, there’s other fish in the sea,” and pressed the send button.

“Yeah, she is a dork,” Zen laughed reading her reply. “Other fish in the sea, huh?”

He began to type his reply, “Yeah, you are right, there is other fish in the sea but it won’t be the same as she is.”

She smiled and typed back, “Yeah, it might not be same but it will probably be better than her and probably love you more that she does.”

Zen smiled and responds: “You are right again. Maybe I have to start looking somewhere else and move on.” He was eager to read what her reply would be.

Without hesitation, Scha replied: “Yes my darling friend, you should move on and start looking somewhere else but maybe you don’t have to look so far. She might be right in front of you right now.” Giggling, she said to herself. “Yeah, she’s in front of your computer,” and hit the send button.

Zen chuckled at her responds: “You can’t really mean that are you?” he typed.

Scha was surprised with his question, “Why not?” she asked. Oh god, does he know that she was hinting to herself to him and he doesn’t like it? If it true, he’s going to hate her. God, please, she silently pray, please don’t let him hate her.

“Because I’m staring at Jess right now,” he told her. 

Huh? Scha was stunned and immediately have to asked, “Who’s Jess?” God, hopefully that’s not the girl name, she prayed again.

“Jess is my darling computer. I’m staring at her right now,” he teased.

Scha let out a relieved sighed, “Naughty boy,” she playfully scolded but of course she didn’t type that out.

“Oh so your computer is a girl?” she asked instead. “I’m very jealous of her because you look and touch her every day. Do you love her?

“Yes. I love Jess. It’s easy to love her because she can’t reject you. Of course sometimes she does give me some problems but I still love her. She could never break my heart,” he happily typed back.

“I’ll never break your heart too,” she automatically replied, “I promise you that.”

Zen smirked looking at her reply, “You already have,” he mocked but of course he didn’t type that out, instead he typed, “You promise? I’m going to take your word on that.”

Scha smiled, “Yeah, that’s my promise. You can take my word for it. But you must also promise me that you won’t stop writing e-mails and beautiful poems to me. I’ve missed them terribly,” she replied.

“I’ve missed you too,” Zen responded. “I promise I won’t let you down either. I’m going to write you a poem soon. I’ll send them to you when it is ready.”

“I can’t wait for it,” Scha told him attaching a happy smiley at the end.

Zen smiled but he couldn’t stop his curiosity to know about her relationship with Jeff. Is she still thinking about him or has she been over him? He needs to know. He immediately typed, “So how are you Scha? I forgot to ask just now. What happen to the guy that you meet in the club? I mean your dream guy? Are you with him right now?”

Scha chucked and thought to herself, this guy still thinks that she’s with Jeff. She immediately replied: “No, I’m not with him. I finally realised that he’s not my dream guy. I’ve meet him but he doesn’t seems as charming as he looks. He didn’t even ask for my number and didn’t even bother to look for me. So I guess he’s not interested.”

“YEEES!!” screamed Zen happily clenching his fist. He is so happy with Scha’s reply. He got up from his chair and starts doing a crazy dance, “She’s not in love with him. Woooohooo!!. I need to find out more,” he said to himself and sat back on his chair.

“So you are not with him? You must be heartbroken?” he typed, “Didn't you tell me that he was romantic and charming?”

Scha giggled, “No, I’m not heartbroken. I didn't talk about him when I told you my dream guy is romantic person. I was actually talking about somebody else,” she told him.

Weird, he thought. She actually was telling him about someone else that day. Not Jeff. He needs to find out more, “Who is that guy? How long have you actually knows him?”

Scha chuckle and replied, “I'm not going to tell you who just yet. I've not told anyone about him except my girlfriend Dee Dee. I'm actually waiting for the right time to tell him about how I felt and I want to make sure that he felt the same way towards me. I'll definitely tell you who he is but not now.”

“Hmm, so Dee Dee knows who he is, huh?” said Zen to himself thoughtfully. He's going to ask her about it tomorrow.

“Well I can't wait to know who he is,” he typed. “I wish you luck and I hope he feels the same way towards you.”

“Thank you my friend,” replied Scha. “I really need all the luck I can get.”

They continued to e-mail each other about their day and Scha was telling him about her work and projects until they both finally realised it's already 3:00 in the morning.

“I think we both have to say goodnight to each other now Scha. Work is waiting tomorrow,” Zen told her. “I'll catch up with you tomorrow. Do you still dream of me?”

“I never stopped dreaming of you even when you didn't respond to my e-mails.” Scha told him.

Zen chuckled talking to himself, “I should have realised that.”

“Glad to hear that my sweet Scha, Good night,” he typed and waited for her reply.

“Good night my darling friend,” and attached as waving smiley at the end of it. As usual she’s gave him a waving kiss before turning off her laptop.

Zen turned off his computer feeling so glad that he didn't delete her e-mails like he intended to do earlier. Tomorrow he's going to find out from Dee Dee who's that guy that's Scha interested in. Hopefully that guy is him.

 *****

A/N : I so sorry to tell you guys that I WON'T be updating on Monday as I normally do..... Thats because next week is a Chinese New Year Holiday in Malaysia and I'll be going on holiday..... I will try to update them by Wednesday when I'm back home.....

So I like to take this opportunity to wish all my Chinese friends "A HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR - GONG XI FA CHAI".... HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A PROSPEROUS LUNAR YEAR.....