Casper Henderson

so its FRICKEN HOT and i totally didnt feel like writing this, but ive been away to  new zealand on holiday so i really needed to upload something. so, despite the 40 dgree heat i wrote 1, 4500 words!! btw, 40 degree  heat is in celcius, so its really 104 degrees for all the americans reading.

 Also, the pic on the side is Casper. the real dudes name is Grant Gustin.

Enjoy!

Chapter five

Casper Henderson

I woke up not how I typically would. I was laying on something that felt feathery, and I felt at peace. I thought I might be dead.  It made sense though. One minute I was teaching Jem calculus and the next I woke up in… where am I anyway? My self conscious mind told me to open my eyes, but part of me wanted this limbo to remain a mystery. I decided to open my eyes.

I didn’t expect what I would see.

First of all, I was covered in cherry blossoms. Hundreds of thousands of them surrounding me. I half sat up and started digging. It seemed like there was no bottom, just mountains of blossoms. I looked up to see nothing, nothing but blossoms. I searched around to see where they were coming from. There was my answer. A ginormous cherry tree was centred in front of me.

“What is this place?” I mumbled to myself. I heard a shuffling behind me. I turned around.

“Jem?” I ask incredulously

Jem doesn’t respond, instead lying there with a smile on her face. I run to see if she is alive when I see another body nestled in the cherry blossoms. Dane Ericson? What the hell is going on? I debate to myself whether someone is playing a sick joke on me when someone interrupts me.

“CASPER!”  The infamous Rex yells before tackling me in a hug.

“Rex? What’s happening why-“  I start.

“Dude, I seriously have no idea. One minute I was in the police station, and BAM I’m here. Also, I found this chick.” He gestures behind himself, to Carmel Sanders limp body.

“Did you drag her here?” I ask, stunned

“No! I carried her.” He responds

“What the fuck is this!” I hear from behind me. Dane has woken up.

“Oh, dude, we have no idea. I think this is some alternate univ-“ Rex begins explaining.

“No, man. Carmel. What did you do to her?” he demands.

“Nothing. I carried her here; she was far away from us. That’s all.” Replies Rex, rather intimidated.

“Better be.” Dane says frostily.

Eventually, Jem and Carmel wake up, just as confused as us.

“I don’t understand this. This ‘field’ or whatever, is never ending. How do we leave? Where ARE we is a better question. How did we even get here? Do you think someone took us here? Do you think we’ll die? God, I hope not. I still have to go to college, travel the world, see things!” Jem whinges desperately.

“Can you shut up?” Rex asks, not a hint of politeness in his. Jem death glares him.

“Maybe one of us should climb the tree to see where we are?” Carmel suggests.

“DIBS!” yells Dane, scrambling to get to the trunk. He charges at it but falls back a few centimetres from it.

“Haha! Fail, dude! Star athlete can’t even climb a tree I’ll show you how real men do it!” yells Rex loudly.