Chapter 34 It's Been a While

«Four years later»
Maya's POV:
I graduated art school! I was on the subway. Riley called me. "Hey Peaches! I'm so glad you're coming home. Everyone will be happy to see you." I said "Riles. Farkle hasn't been himself lately. I mean we used to meet up every chance we had. Then, something happened. And just like that, he wasn't calling or texting anymore like we used to. He was distant. I was worried. I thought the real Farkle had died. I feel like he changed. Something is just wrong. Am I crazy???" She sighed. "Maybe he changed. Who knows? I know one thing. You aren't crazy. He doesn't text or call me either. I'm worried too. I think we should let him be. He'll probably talk to you in person. Anyway, I'm so excited you're coming back."
After I get off the subway, I go to Riley's apartment. I opened her door with my spare key and turned on the lights. Everyone got up and said "Surprise!" I hugged everyone. Ryan was four years old (my brother.) Auggie was 11. Riley had purple highlights in her hair and Lucas had long hair with a mustache and beard. Wow they changed a lot in four years. As I turned around, I saw Farkle. He looked so different. His hair was blonde and he was masculine. Farkle looked at me.
Farkle's POV:
I stared at Maya for a long time. She looked the exactly same. I haven't spoken to her in over a year. Also Riley and Lucas. She said, "Farkle...." Suddenly, Sierra came out of the bathroom. She wrapped her arms around me and kissed me. I'm guessing Maya's mad. Really mad. Maya interrupted us by saying, "Oh, you never told me you were dating someone." I was going to respond but Sierra told Maya, "We're not dating anymore. We're getting married."
Maya's POV:
My mind is blown. How is this happening. This explains why he hasn't talked to me in a while. I mean Sierra looks exactly like me. Blonde long hair, ocean blue eyes, sharp nose, and pale skin. We could be twins for crying out loud. And that means one thing. Farkle hasn't moved on. He isn't over me. I said "So when's the wedding? Oh, am I even invited?" They look at each other. Sierra answers "Well it's going to be somewhere in a church in New York. December 1st. Um of course you're invited. You were one of Farkle's best friends, right?" I nodded. I told them I was looking forward to going to their wedding. It hurts to just think about Farkle marrying someone else. What about our plans? I thought Farkle and I would get married, have kids, and have a future together someday. I guess it's not going to happen. Unless I stop the wedding. What if I do make things worse between Farkle and I? He did stop talking to me for a year. I just have to make him fall in love with me.... again.
I went to Riley. We sat at her bay window. I yelled "I can't believe he is getting married!!!" She sighed. "I want to be honest. I knew the whole time. It's just.... he didn't want to hurt you. Things got too serious with Sierra. I'm so sorry." Riley hugged me. I said "People change people. Farkle changed me. I can't stop loving him. It's impossible. I'm going to get Farkle back." She stood up. "I don't think you should. I mean he's getting married! Farkle is committed to her. I feel like you should support them. No matter what. He's our best friend." I yelled at her. "You should only support me, Riley! I can't believe you're on their side. He loved me. He really did. I am going to fight for him again." She softly whispered. "Face it, you were just high school sweethearts. It's not high school anymore. We are mature adults now. Get used to that. Don't do anything stupid, Maya." I ran to the bathroom. I balled my eyes out. No one was there for me. I had to do this alone. Farkle is worth fighting for. I want a wedding with him to be someday. And that's soon.
Please go check out my Instagram @ fancarpenter. Comment ideas and vote!
I love you all. xoxo