Songs Cliffs and Cam

Hi guys!

Sorry for the late update but I had a serious case of writers block...

**********************************************************************************************************

After the funeral I ran straight into my room without the slightest regard for any other option, slam my door shut and strip out of my horrid black dress changing into something else, subconsciously grabbing my iPod in the process. Not even acknowledging the fact my phone beeps on my bedside table violently, it's screen flashed with a message, from whom I don't know, that phone hasn't moved from that position since Michaels death. And Iw ain't going to move it now.

I instantly run out of my room, down the hallway, out the front door, down the front path, flinging the gate open and not even bothering to close it after me as I race across the dirt road and into the bush. I try to avoid anything that brings a source of reality. I sprint down the path not caring that my head is aching so hard that I can't see straight. All I wanted to do was curl in a ball and wait for the pain to end. If it ever will...

I turn quickly down the sharp fork of the path heading down to the 'stage' as I called it the other day.

I haven't been here lately and I need some time alone to just...breathe. This day has been too long and emotional. And this place just seemed like a proper outlet for me. I stumble down the steep incline of the dirt track, indicating that I'm nearly at the 'stage'.

I don't know why I called it that...

It's a stupid name...

I don't even remember my own reasoning.

My eyes seem to be glued on the ground in front of me, planning my steps before intake them, my body trying to prevent me of my own clumsiness.

It doesn't want me to fall over.

I doubt I will be able to get back up if I fall....

So I'm thanking my self in a silent prayer that I'm watching my step.

Eventually, what used to be dirt and eroded soil is now beautiful sleek rock appears beneath me, it's presence relieves me.

The rock has made my loud and obnoxious tread quiet and non existent. A ghost of a smile seems to form on my lips as I look up to see where I have come.

The orange afternoon light dances down on the surface of the rock making it glow in a majestic shine. I look out on the sunset, it's pinks and oranges and yellows swirling together to create a beautiful picture, I wish I was talented enough to paint. I would capture every aspect of the scene.

I take a deep, heaving breathe.

Letting go of a breath I've been holding for days.

I closed my eyes and orange glow fills my eyelids, the edges of my lips curved upwards. I breathe through my nose, the sweet scent of the sea relaxes all the tension I hand fully realised I was hiding.

When my mood becomes content, I bring myself enough energy open my eyes, bring my iPod out of my short pocket and click on music. And no surprise, with music, comes the urge to sing, the mesmerising lyrics just luring the act like a sirens song. I hoped silently that perhaps, singing can help me feel better.

I go through my song list and pick a song with emotion, something that will make me feel... Something... Anything.

Adele, Rolling in the Deep.

That could work!

I tap the song and almost immediately the music starts.

I breathe in and out to calm me. I felt the urge to sing get caught in my throat, and I decided that if I were to fail miserably, whichever as highly likely, I might as well do it in the comfort of the 'stage'.