Part 11: Wild Ride

Reader's POV

Vivaldi dragged me along as we go. Never once did he look back to meet my eyes nor he did try to pick up the dead conversation we left. He's only pulling my wrist as move, it hurt but it hurts even more inside. His legs were fast and mine were slow. My legs are short and his legs are long. His movements are graceful, I admired it. We approached a red porsche, parked just infront of Vivaldi's house that looked like an old church abandoned and damned. He pulled the handle open and the door flung open. "Get in." He coldly commanded and I got all emotional. I'm very bad at handling these kinds of situation. I felt his eyes staring at me, sharp and all cold. There were no signs of affection.

I moved to get inside the car but half away, I was stopped. My hand wouldn't budge to move along with me. I turned to look what was keeping it there and it was Vivaldi's hand holding it firmly and he wouldn't let go. I tried pulling to get his attention but he didn't and after seconds he pulled me instead. I went away from the Porsche and he flipped me over to pin me to the Porsche as my back fell to the Porsche's skin. "Fuck it," he spoke and I didn't get the time to wonder about it or ask about why did he curse because he pressed me further and kissed me with his rapid move and painstaking kiss.

We pulled away but he rested his head on my left shoulder and he placed his palms on my waist, trapping my 'collar' he gave me between. "You drive me crazy too," his voice was soft and all his affection came back. His arms moved and hugged me. "You do." My heart beated again from this long frozen blizzard he had casted with a spell 'we can't fall in love'. "I don't know when it started." My nose and cheeks burned, my veins felt the gushing blood flowed with incredible speed. "I'm scared I might kill you if I love you." I became somehow furious, every part of me worked again. "... I'm a coward. I'm a moron." His voice sounded like muffled screams—or pain lumping in his throat making him hard to talk.

"E-enough, I lied. I loved you like my brother and let's not talk about this again." I told him after I won debating with my tears and I pushed him away. My throat felt strangled as I made out the words and never had it been so painful to speak. "We should focus on going to California. Vladimir's waiting for us." True, Vlad was sitting beside the driver's seat, waiting impatiently with his suit and tie and a fancy pin that looked like a brooch with sapphire though it wasn't. I didn't dare to face him and head into the backseat of his Porsche without looking back. "...," Vivaldi took a long pause before continuing, "yeah." And he goes on the driver's seat. I didn't want to look at his face, I didn't want to bother. It hurts seeing his face but my heart wants me to look at him. I noticed that inside the Porsche was rather very neat. The steering wheel made of wood, which was carved with asian or ancient looking calligraphs, the gear stick or shifter wasn't a gear stick but it was the handle of a Katana warped with red and black ribbon tied as a pattern. The seats were made of scales I've never seen before and the box was coated with a leopard skin, or at least it was what I thought because it was furless but glossy and shiny. Curtains for the windows are made of black colored silk and the ceiling of this Porsche took my breathe away. It was stars. It wasn't painted. It seemed like diamonds, crystals or shiny jewels had been placed—sticked— to the ceiling. It glowed and twinkled. Unlike wallpapers or images, this ceiling is alive.

Along the drive, Vivaldi never did try to pick up any conversation. But thankfully, Vladimir discussed the current matter about demons. "_________, do you understand why the demons are after you?" He spoke while he fixes his messy tie. I shook my head while saying a no and Vladimir sighed, for a moment glared at Vivaldi like expressing I-thought-you-told-her-you-retard-isn't-that-why-you-took-so-long kind of face. "I looked back at the past records. We had the same issue back then in 1940's or you could say it as The Peculiar Incident."

"I've heard of Peculiar Incident. Isn't it where all the children had different gifts though they are human and they attract the demons?"
"Yes- wait, how did you....?"

"O-oh, my grandpapa told me about these stories. I thought they were all folklores and myths until I met you guys." I looked away, a bit shy. "Well... I can't blame you that. Who was your grandfather?" I blinked and Vladimir was no longer an Eidolion Vangs but a human being. He was damn hot. Beige hair that looked like blond under the lights, blue eyes, thin lips and hooded eyes. His face was somewhere between a long and a square face and Oh Lord his hair looked sophisticated as it swayed back and his nose is protruded. His skin tone was pale white like a vampire. His eye brows, they were on fleek. His features fit into any sophistication and I am sure of that my description was not enough for his flaming hot looks. "___________, are you listening?" He popped my thought and I nodded while stuttering messy words. I became blank and I lost the ability somehow to talk and breath normally. "Y-yeah- yeah, I am. Yeah. I am uh- listin- listening I meant."

Vlad chuckled, "Butterflies flyin' around your stomach? Was it my looks?"
"NO- I mean- Ye- no." Oh dear.
"It's alright. Don't be shy. You gave me a fuzzy feeling since you're so lovable and innocent." He smiled and GOD, GOD, LOOK GOD, HIS DIMPLES APPEARED. The car swerved suddenly and I held on Vladimir's collar to prevent him hitting his head from the gravitational pull and the force. He looked at and thanked me then growled in a menacing tone, "Vivaldi, I hope you have a reason for that."

"There was a god damn flea beside me."

I got what he meant. Vladimir. "Oh? And I got to see a big shit beside me." Vladimir barked and faced me again. Unlike Vivaldi, Vladimir was more of a... Affectionate guy—sensitive and caring. "Anyways, Grandpapa?" Vladimir's lips moved in a very conspicuous way. "O-oh, right. He's Richie Dolan Morgan." Vladimir'a face changed, wide-eyed and opened jaws. "Is your mother... Minerva Morgans? Before she took your father's first name." I nodded, a little surprised of the fact he knew my mother's name. "That explains it all. You are one of the Peculiars' offspring."

'Offspring' sounded like... Animal like to me. Okay...?

"Wait what? Who or wha-"
"Your mother. She's gifted. I knew her when I was only 17. No wonder you looked familiar and that is why I was able to get these information quick enough."  He turned away and sat back nicely. "Wait wait wait, I haven't-" my lips were silenced by Vladimir's next sentence. "You better close your eyes because we're heading straight to a wall." A WALL?! VIVALDI WTF DO YOU INTEND TO DO? KILL US ALL?

"Don't worry, You'll be dizzy just a bit and We'll be in California in no time." Vladimir explains short and the car headed to a wall close to a book store with a glass door as an entrance. The people inside the book store were looking at us and somewhere screaming, "IT'S COMING! FLEE FROM HERE NOW!", and the shop cashier ducked down with her arms on her head.

We marched on and I sewed my eyes with fear. We're gonna crash in

3...

2...

1...

__________________________________
To be continuedddddd