Chapter 1: Raven's Anomaly

Raven's POV

I woke feeling pretty normal. I got out of bed, brushed my hair, and grabbed my cloak along with a book to read. I just got this book from a new bookstore and I'm pretty exited to read it. I already started reading a little.

It's about the supernatural and how a girl's weaknesses slowly get drawn out by her tormenter according to the blurb. I left my room and walked into the ops room.

The only person up now was Robin and he was probably training, so I'm the only one in here. I made my tea and sat on the couch. I took a sip of tea and opened my book, The Weakness Awakens, and started to read.

As the wind vigorously whisked the foliage around her she called out the chant he told her to say whenever she needed him. "Mortex Vorum!"

"Ahh..." Ouch... I just got a splitting headache. I put the book down and placed my hands on my head. "Ugh...what was that?"

I picked up the book and stared at it. I reread what I just read, and once again, the headache came, only worse. I guess I'm not reading this morning.

"Morning Raven." Robin said as he walked in.

"Hey." I answered.

Based on the look on Robin's face he's probably seen my strained expression.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine. Just a headache." I assured him.

"Oh okay." Robin walked over to he kitchen to make breakfast and Starfire flew in being all happy and giddy as she usually is.

"Good morning, Friends! Raven, are you not feeling the good?" She asked seeing my expression too.

"It's just a headache Star." I assured her as I did Robin.

"Oh no! Robin! Raven needs medical attention!" She grabbed me and squeezed me like she's stuck in a hurricane, which made my headache even worse.

"Easy Star. A headache means her head hurts. It's nothing too bad."

"But squeezing me doesn't help Star." I say aggrevated.

"Oops! Sorry." Starfire let me go and my face felt completely flushed.

"Ugh...I think I'm going to go lay down." I groaned.

"Maybe you should eat breakfast first. That might help Raven." I really dont feel like eating anymore. But Robin's right. Food will help.

"Fine. I just want to finish before Cyborg wakes up. I don't feel like having him screaming in my ear." I really don't.

"Mornin' y'all! What's for breakfast?" Speak of the devil.

"Bacon and eggs." Robin said.

"Aww yeah!! I love me some bacon!" I cringed.

He is being a lot louder than normal. Why does it have to be on the day I have a headache?

"Can you be any louder?" I said in an irritated voice.

"What's wrong Raven?"

"She has the head of the ache Cyborg." Star said.