❌✖️Chapter 10✖️❌

I woke up to a hand on my bare shoulder and jumped. I looked up to see Phil. I need a shirt. I started panicking and Phil tried to calm me down.

"How did you get in here?" I asked panting and trying to cover the scars on my shoulders. He cant see them! He'll hate me so much. He sat down next to me and ran his fingers through my hair.

"It's okay Dan. Your foster sister let me in. She said you'd be awake." He laughed. Lucky was laying her head on my stomach so I couldn't pull the blanket up any more and I tried to act calm.

"Can I put on a shirt?" I mumbled in defeat. He laughed and nodded before leaving the room. I got up and almost yelped feeling my shoulder pulse. I put on a long sleeve shirt and pajama pants so he didn't know I slept in my jeans. "Okay, sorry." I said and Phil walked back into the room with a smirk. I sat down and Lucky protectively laid down across my lap.

He sat down next to me and Lucky laid her head on his lap, making Phil smile and pet her head.

"So how was your night? I tried to Skype you." Phil said looking down at Lucky. Does he hate me.

"Oh sorry, I was just really tired and went to bed not long after I got home." I moved my arm a little and winced.

"Oh that's fine. I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight with my family?" Phil asked. I really wanted to say yes, but I couldn't. I can barley move my arm and I don't want to get hurt again.

"I can't, I'm sorry." I mumbled. "I'm actually going out with my foster family pretty soon, so I have to get ready." I made the excuse and Phil seemed sad or angry. I couldn't help but feel scared that he was going to hurt me and I flinched.

"Okay, I'll see you Monday then." He didn't even look at me and he left. I heard the door shut and couldn't keep my tears in any longer. He hates me! I screwed up again. does he know I lied? I couldn't keep my thoughts straight, but the only thing that kept coming to my mind was cutting.

I got off my bed and walked to the bathroom. I grabbed my pill bottle and grabbed my sharpest blade. I cried harder while I lifted my arm to take off my shirt. I pulled off my pants next and took my blade between my fingers. I cut for what felt like hours. There was no skin color showing, just blood and cuts covering both of my arms and thighs. I started cleaning up my blood and heard a soft knock on the door.

"Dan?" Aria's little voice sounded from outside the bathroom. "Can I come in?" She sniffled and I started panicking.

"No sweetheart, I'm taking a shower, I'll be out soon." I turned on the shower and washed all of the blood off of me and bandaged myself up and got dressed. When I walked into my room Phil was sitting on my bed with Aria. "Phil, what are you doing here?"

"I know you lied to me. Are you okay?" Phil said and felt my eyes start to water. "You'd tell me if something was wrong right?" He asked with soft eyes.

"I really wish I could." I mumbled and he stood up and hugged me softly and I quickly whimpered, trying to move my arm.

"Are you okay?" He asked and let go of me. "Was it your shoulder?" He asked worriedly. I nodded and he reached his arm out to touch my shoulder softly. It hurt bad and he seemed to notice. "Can I please take you to a doctor?" Phil asked and the pain made me give in. I nodded and us and Aria went out to his car. Phil helped me in and shut my door.

"Thank you for this. Thank you for everything actually." I muttered and Phil put his hand on my knee. When we got to the hospital, I saw the older nurse Elizibeth and she saw me and she got a huge smile and walked over to me.