Womens Status in Islam

Mulai dari awal

[Hadith - Bukhari 1:675]

Narrated 'Abdulla bin 'Abi Qatada

"My father said, "The Prophet pbuh said, 'When I stand for prayer, I intend to prolong it but on hearing the cries of a child, I cut it short, as I dislike to trouble the child's mother."

[Hadith - Bukhari 1:3:591]

Narrated Al-Mughira bin Shu'ba

The Prophet said, "Allah has forbidden for you,

(1) to be undutiful to your mother,

(2) to bury your daughters alive,

(3) to not to pay the rights of the others (e.g. charity, etc.) and

(4) to beg of men (begging).

And Allah has hated for you

(1) vain, useless talk, or that you talk too much about others,

(2) to ask too many questions, (in disputed religious matters) and

(3) to waste the wealth (by extravagance).

6. Praying in the Masjid (Mosque)

[Hadith - Bukhari 1:832]

Narrated Salim bin 'Abdullah ,also in 7:165

My father said, "The Prophet said, 'If the wife of any one of you asks permission (to go to the mosque) do not forbid her."

         Note: Women are not required to attend the Masjid... in fact, it is an extra blessing to do Salat at home.However, a woman should not be denied attending the Masjid upon asking for permission, even for the night prayers. 

7. Femininity

[Hadith - Bukhari 7:773]

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas

Allah's Apostle cursed those men who are in the similitude (assume the manners) of women and those women who are in the similitude (assume the manners) of men.

Tattoos, plucking eyebrows, cosmetic surgery, etc.

[Hadith - Bukhari 7:815]

Narrated 'Abdullah

Allah has cursed those women who practise tattooing and those who get themselves tattooed, and those who remove their face hairs, and those who create a space between their teeth artificially to look beautiful, and such women as change the features created by Allah. Why then should I not curse those whom the Prophet has cursed? And that is in Allah's Book, i.e. His Saying: "And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad ) gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it), and fear Allah." (59.7)

8. The Muslim Woman: Her Status in Islam
by the noble Sheikh Abdul-Azeez bin Baaz (rahimahullah)

The status of the Muslim woman in Islam is very noble and lofty one, and her effect is very great in the life of every Muslim. Indeed, the Muslim woman is the initial teacher in the building of a righteous society, provided she follows the guidance from the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Prophet.

Since adherence to the Quran and the Sunnah distances every Muslim - male or female - from being misguided in any matter.

The misguidance that the various nations suffer from, and their being deviant, does not come about except by being far away from the path of Allah - the Most High, the Most Perfect - and from what His Prophets and Messengers, may Allah's peace be upon them all, came with.